Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Feeling low

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Suntie

I have just had a call from St Richard’s and they have cancelled my op for 11th April due to maintenance work and they do not have another date to give me for now. I had my pre op Wednesday and was told to start the milk diet on Saturday. I have been told to stop the milk diet. Booked the Hotel for hubby on Saturday as we do not live close to St Richard’s. My sister who was coming down from Scotland to look after my daughter and fur babies has brought non refundable tickets which the legal board may or may not reimburse her. Did anyone else get their first op date cancelled and have any advise for me. Suntie x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Suntie 33413 wrote:

I have just had a call from St Richard’s and they have cancelled my op for 11th April due to maintenance work and they do not have another date to give me for now. I had my pre op Wednesday and was told to start the milk diet on Saturday. I have been told to stop the milk diet. Booked the Hotel for hubby on Saturday as we do not live close to St Richard’s. My sister who was coming down from Scotland to look after my daughter and fur babies has brought non refundable tickets which the legal board may or may not reimburse her. Did anyone else get their first op date cancelled and have any advise for me. Suntie x

Oh Suntie I am so sorry to here that. What a bitter disappointment.

Unfortunately, when we have surgery on the NHS it happens often and not just with wls. One of our group members had surgery postponed three times. They spent all day at the hospital waiting and then was sent home.

I had non wls cancelled twice and I was private!! but that was due to ill health. I don’t know what to say to you I really don’t. It’s heartbreaking. However, what a lesson it teaches us in patience. I hope you get your everything reimbursed.

Doodah x

Suntie

Thank you for your reply Doodah. I phoned this morning and spoke to another of Mr Pring’s secretary’s she informed me that my notes were being called back from the ward and as soon as Mr Pring gives her a date she will phone the same day but the wait could be as long as the first time round. She was so kind and helpful. I did totally understand and still feel I have chosen the right hospital. The NHS is stretched to the limit and there is only so much they can do in a day and a very good job they do to changing peoples lives. When I went down in November the waiting times were down to 5 months but now they are up to 7 where more people are coming from all over the country to use them and we have the freedom to choose where we want to go. I nearly made it to the front of the line and now I am in another line waiting with the next batch and just hoping one day soon my time will come and I will have a taste of feeling normal for the first time in my life (Pcos sufferer). Patience and I are old friends now we have been on a very long journey together since 1991 when I first started on the path to where I am now. My time will come when it is meant too :). I am sure they will reimburse my sister and if not I will find a way of paying her back.

Thank you so much for your support Doodah. Support sometimes is all somebody needs to make them feel better. Just to know people care. Keep up the good work.

Suntie x

Lelly

@Suntie 33413 wrote:

Oh poor you Suntie, what an awful thing to happen, I heard that there were cancellations a couple of weeks ago. I must admit it frightens me as we live in Kent and obviously need to book time off for hubby and arrange kennels for our boy’s. Our Son’s have also said that they would like to come, it is just the logistics of everything to think of as well as the utter disappointment. I so wish that I could afford to go private and avoid this. I am sure that you will get your new appointment soon my lovely, please let us know x
    Lelly xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

I’m glad you seem a bit brighter about things now Suntie. I truly understand how devastating it can be to have things cancelled at the last minute. But I truly DO think things happen for a reason.

St Richard’s is a fantastic hospital and the staff are top notch. They were so kind to me when I had bypass all those years ago and I feel like I can never repay them enough. Chris Pring is a fantastic surgeon and a very, very nice man. So, in one way, you have already hit the jackpot – it will just take a bit longer to pick up your prize!

Take care my lovely and yes, sometimes, all it needs is to know people care. This forum has been a lifeline for me and I have made lifelong friends. What a bonus ball 😉

Doodah x

Suntie

Thank you both Doodah and Lelly for your replies. I too Lelly live in Kent and I will let you know when the new date comes through but speaking to St Richards yesterday the waiting times since November have gone up from 5 months to 7 months. I asked when I would be contacted 1 week, a month, 2 months she just said she could not say as there was no openings at the moment. She said they when they can they do try to give new dates to all the ones that get cancelled but this time they are just so busy there are no openings for the near future. So I am back to the waiting game with the others and trying to stay positive. :0 xx)

Kimberly
    Participant

So disappointing ,for you but you have got the hardest part done you got the funding . That is usually the hardest part getting GP , and Comissioner to fund it . That means it’s going to happen , here’s hoping it soon and then you have the whole summer to recover x

Lauren
    Keymaster

Great post Kim, thank you. You are so right – the hardest part is getting the funding.

You are at the starting gate and are just waiting for the whistle to blow – the finish line is yours for the taking 😉

Doodah x

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media