Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Fat Surgeons – part 2

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    Lauren
    Keymaster

Irene is a lovely lady and her husband is a true gent. I’m very happy for them both.

Doodah x

Lauren
    Keymaster

Have had this from our Facebook page:

“This week’s episode of ‘Fat Surgeons’ is repeated on Saturday at 8pm on the Really channel. It’s the last in the first half of the series, which will resume in June.”

hides

Have really enjoyed this programme, and i have told a few of my friends about it too. They now have a better understanding of why i took this path. However i am really hoping 1 of the programmes will cover ‘the band” , .

Heidi

Lauren
    Keymaster

Keep watching Hides 😉

hides

I will …… Do you know something i dont ? …….lol
    Heidi.

Lauren
    Keymaster

@hides 21765 wrote:

I will …… Do you know something i dont ? …….lol
    Heidi.

Probably not lol!

Doodah x

luke

hi all was wondering if anybody watched last nights fat surgeons. i hope i came across well was really weird watching myself on tv. since i started my journey i have lost just over 9 stone . really looking forward to getting under the 20s

Whitey

Hi Luke I thought you came across very well on the programme. I could identify with things you raised especially about hiding away from people you didn’t know. I think people who agree to be filmed for these programmes are very brave and you help lots of us decide on having the surgery ourselves. It must be weird watching your own insides! I know I couldn’t do it. Well done with your weight loss and I am sure your family are over the moon with your progress. Keep up the good work!
    Elaine

Nettie

Hi Luke,
    What an inspiration you are to everyone, you were fantastic on last nights programme and your weight loss is very encouraging. I would never have been brave enough to be filmed you should be very proud of yourself.

Nettie xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

You were fab Luke. Honest and open, which will be such a help to anyone else considering wls. Well done on your loss so far. Look forward to seeing you at the Tea Party. I have answered your question about it on the other thread ;-))

Doodah x

luke

thanks doodah have got my tickets.

Luke – my husband and you thought you seemed a really nice, family bloke and were so pleased for you that you were able to turn your life around – oh and your kids were lovely too. Am sure they enjoy their new slimer, more energetic Daddy.

Mara

Hi Luke

So lovely to meet you in the forum. I feel I must offer you a truly heat felt thank you. My husband and I sat on the sofa Thursday evening watching you the day before I went to have Bypass surgery. Seeing you up on the South Downs at the end of the show enjoying the fresh air and playing with your lovely children was all the reassurance I needed. I went to bed and slept well…..woke excited and sure I was on the right path.

I doubt we’ll recognise you at the Tea Party you’ve lost so much weight (well done, that must so difficult with your job!!), thankfully you’ll have you name badge on I’ll certainly be making a b-line to shake your hand.

Thanks for sharing………….Mara x

Lauren
    Keymaster

The beauty of the wls community and this forum is that we all help , support and inspire each other on a daily basis. We actually become a family. I know I have made life-long friends: many of whom are on this very forum.

In the day to day grind of work, family and commitments we can sometimes forget that we are helping people just by sharing our thoughts and experiences. We can come here when we think no one else will understand (which is actually true in many cases!) and find that practically every person here has either experienced or will experience what we are feeling, whether it be mental or physical. It’s such a comfort isn’t it? Especially for those who are unable to attend support groups for whatever reason. We are NEVER alone. I personally find that such a comfort.

It’s thanks to people like Luke, who are brave enough to be on TV, that we can all have an insight to wls can change and save people’s lives.

Doodah x

Mara

Beautifully said Doodah (as always)……..Mara x

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 65 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media