Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Fat Doctor

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    Ms Ellie

@SJ 7911 wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p009g299/Sarah_Gorrell_24_08_2010/

This is the link to the radio show…(hope its ok to post this, sorry if it’s not).

SJ

Thanks for posting the link Sj xxx

Oooohhhh the lovely Shaw Somers fighting our corner as usual!

Ms Ellie

Will do xxxx

Renn

Hi
    Would love to watch fat doctor but where I live am not allowed to have a sky dish as I live in a flat and was refused by my council.
    Is it on Freeview or virgin? I saw it once on sky somewhere else on discovery home & health. Does anyone know if you can get it on any other channels please? is dmax sky only please?
    Would love to watch your dvds when Miss Ellie’s not viewing them. Were you at the tea party, did we meet I wonder.
    Bye send me a message when you have time. Good luck with embarrassing bodies too. Well done.
    Bye and thanks.
    Renn

bellyman

yes of course you can borrow them , just dont post the one of me on any internet site cos it hasnt been seen on telly yet .and ill get in big —-.
    i hope we met at the tea party i am the one in blue in the centre of the main photo.xx

Renn

Hi Bellyman
    Yes we had a good chat and a hug.I note what you say about unseen footage. I live in Gosport,Hampshire but am able to collect or will pay postage. I am the one with hubby in brown suit & tie and I have a top on in yellowy green with jewelled bit round neck and coppery short hair. Wow what ever do I sound like. I don’t go on facebook. How can I collect or receive please- any ideas? Don’t want to step on Miss Ellie’s toes as know she’s waiting for them too. Do you attend any support groups where we could link up?
    Bye Renn

Kris

Hi all…got accepted for surgery last Friday 4th March and would like to know if any of you have shared your story on the TV programme ´FAT DOCTOR´??
    I have been asked to consider it and have already been visited by the programme producer for a chat.
    AsI am just starting out on this roller coaster ride of a lifetime,any advice would be much appreciated. xx

Ms Ellie

Yes I have Kris if you feel comfortable about being filmed then go for it, the team are all very nice and you can change your mind at anytime xxxx

Take care much love Ellie xxxx

carolthecook

I found the Fat Doctor series really inspiring before my op and in the early days post-op…so much so I think I could perform a gastric bypass myself (or at least assist one of the surgeons)! I have met some of the production team and they are a very professional and caring bunch…you would be in very good hands. C x

Doodah
    Keymaster

Just been told about this – sounds unmissable!

‘We are excited to announce that our very own Shaw Somers will be co-hosting a brand new Channel 4 series called ‘Food Hospital’. We will reveal more details soon so please keep checking back.’

So, keep your eyes peeled for further details….

derlooker
    Participant

Hi everyone,

The Sunday Times Style magazine had a report on the new tv show today. Also you could order the book that comes with the series from their website. I did then promptly found out it was £4 cheaper on amazon :-/.

Doodah
    Keymaster

I personally think it looks AMAZING! I’m definitely going to be ordering some copies for my friends and family as gifts. My parents will be especially interested in it as they have ongoing health problems which require healthy eating. Nice one 😉

Anonymous

Here are the scans from the Sunday Times Style Magazine if you weren’t able to get a copy. The scans may be quite large in order for you to be able to read the text:

page1.jpg
    page2.jpg

Cont…

Anonymous

page3.jpg
    page4.jpg
    Cont…

Anonymous

page5.jpg
    page6.jpg

Doodah
    Keymaster

Thanks again Streamtweet. xx

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 63 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media