Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Fat Doctor – part 2

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Lauren
    Keymaster

@natclaire33) 31990 wrote:

It will be good to get to know other people who are and have been going through this wls surgery process.

It really does help Nat.

I have made some lifelong friends through support groups. It is also like a pebble in a pond – the ripples are so far reaching. Through friends from support groups I have made other friends whose only link with wls is that they have supported their nearest and dearest!

You are so right by saying that the shared experience is important. Even the surgeons will tell you that although they have performed many, many wls procedures, they don’t have the experience of having it done!

Really looking forward to meeting you 😉

Doodah x

natclaire33

good news got my shifts up to the end of may and i can make the group on the 15th may. On the other side work were not to happy that I have had to change my shifts round the following week as i have the first of the pre surgery prep groups.
    am abit nervous about this group as am not to clued up on what will happen in this group. Do they give you a target weightloss to aim for before surgery and things like that.

Kimberly
    Participant

Hi nat I understand being nervous, if you want you can message me and I meet you earlier if you want . We all been their and understand what it’s like . I found some wonderful , kind caring un judgemental people who really do care . Doodah trezza , Audra pluss some other people on here I never meet . I really have found this forum and group so helpful . They helped me in preparing for the surgery , great tips and advice . They been there and got the poster and tea shirt .

audrasharon

Really looking forward to meeting you Nat. It’s a lovely group and most of us don’t bite! Everyone has felt those nerves but it will only help. X

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hi Nat

Please don’t be nervous about meeting us all. We all have the same goal – to be happier and healthier for longer. Nothing you say or ask will be seen as ‘daft’ as at least one of us will have already asked it! Really looking forward to meeting you next week and hearing all about your story. However, if you wish to sit and listen only – that is perfectly ok. Listening is just as important as talking.

Doodah x

Doodah x

treeza

Hi Nat everyone is really lovely & supportive. You could always bring someone along with you. I’ve brought my Mom, hubby & a friend. Take care x

Lauren
    Keymaster

Of course we positively encourage bringing a ‘supporter’. They need to know all about it in order to fully understand what we have undertaken. Your Mum is so lovely Treeza. She has the kindest, most gentle eyes.

Doodah x

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media