Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Fat Doctor – part 2

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    natclaire33

I was trying to watch on you tube the previous series of fat doctor on you tube.

I can watch series 1 with out any problems but all the other series come up with a message this series/ episodes have not been made available for viewing in this region.

Just wondered if it was me or for some reason they aren’t showing anymore series of the fat doctor

Lauren
    Keymaster

@natclaire33) 31951 wrote:

I was trying to watch on you tube the previous series of fat doctor on you tube.

I can watch series 1 with out any problems but all the other series come up with a message this series/ episodes have not been made available for viewing in this region.

Just wondered if it was me or for some reason they aren’t showing anymore series of the fat doctor

Hi Natclaire.

I’m sorry to hear you are having a problem with this. I will check it out for you and get back to you ok?

Hope you have enjoyed the first series!

Doodah x

natclaire33

thanks for the reply, i am at the start of my wls journey with the nhs, I want to see and find out as much info as i can even though I work in a hospital where they do the bariatric operations. Hope to hear from you soon

Lauren
    Keymaster

@natclaire33) 31959 wrote:

thanks for the reply, i am at the start of my wls journey with the nhs, I want to see and find out as much info as i can even though I work in a hospital where they do the bariatric operations. Hope to hear from you soon

Your’e welcome.

Whereabouts do you live? It might help you to join a support group. Lots of people join at the very earliest stages of their #wls journey just top find out as much as they can about it from people who have already had theirs. Just a thought.

Doodah x

Whitey

Hi There is some info on the Really Channel website and it says it will be shown again on June 2, 4pm. I found this programme a great help when I started my WLS journey. It really helped me to see what the operation entailed. I think the people who agree to be filmed are very brave and inspirational. Good luck with your journey and do lots of research.

Lauren
    Keymaster

@natclaire33) 31959 wrote:

Really Channel

I have been informed that it is the decision of the production company as to which episodes are available to watch on You Tube.

Please find the above link to the Really channel. Fat Surgeons (as it is now called) shows most years and there is plenty to catch up on.

hope this is helpful

Doodah x

natclaire33

thanks for all the replies, I am from Portsmouth so any support groups round here would be great to get contacts for,

Lauren
    Keymaster

Then you are in luck!

I run the Streamline Surgical South Coast Support Group on every third Thursday of the month. The next one is on Thursday 15 May at 19:30. It is held at the Holiday Inn Express in Gunwharf Quays. First floor in the restaurant area to the left.

Hotels in Portsmouth | Holiday Inn Express Portsmouth

I can absolutely guarantee you a very warm welcome. We are all at different stages of our weight loss surgery journey so there will be many brains to pick!

There is also one in Southampton run by the lovely Eleanor at Postern Court, Southampton on a Saturday morning. Usually about the third Saturday I believe.

Doodah x

natclaire33

thanks for that info about the support group, will have to wait and see if i am free that evening as i sometimes work a late shift that day and haven’t got my shifts that far in advance, how long does the group last and is it ok to come along even though i doing the wls through the nhs?

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hi again Claire.

The group is from 19:30 to 21:30 but that is extremely flexible. I am almost always there by 19:00 if not sooner and some people make a day of it for the shopping opportunities – even staying overnight in the hotel!

You are more than welcome to come along as an NHS patient! Many of us are. You get exactly the same level of care and expertise from our surgeons (and the rest of the team) whether you are NHS or Private so the support group is the same.
    Hopefully, your shift timetable will enable you to pop along. We have many shift workers in the group. You are also welcome to bring along supporters. However, we ask that you do not bring young children for Health and Safety reasons.

Doodah x

natclaire33

thanks for the reply, I have one question would you be able to put the dates for the rest of the group meetings for the year on hear so i can try and request my shifts around these dates, i am going to try my best to get to this group meeting.

Lauren
    Keymaster

That’s great Nat.

The dates are as follows:

15 May
    19 June
    17 July
    21 August
    18 Sept
    16 Oct
    20 Nov
    18 Dec

All Thursdays and from 19:30 to 21:30.

Doodah x

natclaire33

Thanks for the dates have been and requested no late shifts on those dates so hopefully i will be able to attend the groups which would be great, hope to meet you soon at the group meeting

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hi Nat

I’m really sorry but one of the dates has to be changed due to a major surgery being scheduled for that date. I’m hoping people will be ok with the week before – Thursday 10 July. Please forgive any inconvenience this may cause.

I’m so pleased you are working towards coming. Can’t wait to meet you.

Doodah x

natclaire33

It will be good to get to know other people who are and have been going through this wls surgery process.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media