Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Fast Food: FAQ

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Sally Bailey
    Participant

Hi John

Agree 100% that porridge made the old fashioned way is the ONLY way! Mind you, I used to have it with a nice dollop of honey! I now use powdered sweetener but have no idea what McD put in it. Just ask them? Pointing out that if they lie, you will become ill! I once asked for sugar free syrup in a latte (skinny) and found out pretty soon that they had put regular syrup in!! I went ballistic! what if I had been diabetic!?

Great food choice, porridge. Proper ‘comfort’ food without the guilt!!

Sally x

Irene

Hi John,
    Pretty sure McD’s don’t use proper Porridge oats. As a Scot I would only have Scott’s porrage Oats none of that other rubbish and definitely no sugar or jam, Now salt is a different matter.

Porridge good
    until 3 years post op when even complex carbs can make you gain lol!
    but MA C D ‘s bad lol
    xxx

chubby girl

Hello everyone. Guess what. I’m now having the POSE this Saturday I’d have preferred streamline to do it but they don’t do this op. I am so excited. Back up to 18.7 stone now whereas I had been down to 13.10 before my band came out. Will keep you posted on how op and weight loss go. Have found milk diet easy in day but impossible in evening. Dietician told me a small fish pie won’t kill me so have been indulging !!

Fenella

Forgive my ignorance but what’s a POSE?good luck with it whatever it is.

Lauren
    Keymaster

Good luck with it Chubby (soon not to be) Girl!

Just try to stick to the advice you are given by the professionals and keep your sense of humour and perspective!

We’ll save a place for you on the losers bench ;-))

Doodah x

chubby girl

When I had my band 9 years ago no one knew what it was and it looks like the POSE is gonna be the same. Best advice is google POSE WEIGHT LOSS PROCEDURE and all will be revealed …

chubby girl

Had my POSE this morning. All good so far. I’m even allowed home today!!! And had cup of tea already. Will keep you posted on how it goes ….

ruby tuesday

Did you feel as though you could only drink some of the tea then? I know it is done endoscopically, so did that mean no anesthetic? It would be interesting to know how small your stomach is now compared to the bypass.

chubby girl

I drank all the tea but it was a small cup not mug!!! Stomach now reduced about half I think. Very interested to see how it goes myself. Will keep you posted !!!

chubby girl

Ps yes general anaesthetic as tube v big apparently.

chubby girl

Hip hip hooray!!!!!! I’ve had my surgery (pose) AND I’VE HAD A SMALL MCDONALDS!!!! yes yes yes it was small and yes I counted and stayed in my calorie allowance that day but YES IT WAS LOVELY and I’m so glad I can still eat it !!!!!!!!

ruby tuesday

Bless, glad you can still having something you enjoy chubbs! Will be so interested to read your weight loss with this new method, keep us posted. xx

SJ

Great to hear you are doing so well! Sounds as though you have found the right op for you, and being able to enjoy a little of what you fancy is great! Seems like you have all the support and help you need – fantastic!

SJ
    x

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media