Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

fashion tips

Home ยป Topics ยป General Section ยป General Chat, Games & celebrations. ยป fashion tips

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    lisac2012

Iv started this thread so everyone can post fashion or body image tips, what you found difficult coming to terms with, what you loved, and did u struggle to find a style after years of ‘comfortable clothing’ and any of your favourite shops etc now…..get posting people ๐Ÿ™‚

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using WLS FORUM

78rpm

One of the biggest things I struggle with is believing that when I put on a new shirt tshirt that it isnt too small and I always have to ask my wifes opinion about if it’s too tight as I never want to look “stretched”. Silly I know but I enjoy my new size of xl instead of 6xl+ and dont want to look like Im trying too hard!

rgds

Jay

hides

What a fab thread…. I’m only 5 months into my band journey. Whilst i love buying new clothes i do find it very difficult at times. I can look at myself and not see much difference in shape, but there must be, cos i’m wearing size 18 jeans and mostly 18/20 tops….. I use to 24 . I still think i look bad, god knows what i must of looked like before.

As for choices, well this can be very hard too, if any of you are like me, sometimes you buy items cos there’s no other choice available. With only 2 or 3 shops to go to i would offten see other larger ladies with the same top. I would buy baggy t.shirt/tops to cover the lumps and bumps, and now i’m finding i still go for the same shaped things but in a smaller size, still covering up. Does this change with confidence ???? Some of my friends say they can’t tell i’ve lost 3 1/2 stone, cos my stuff is still baggy and not fitted. ( mind you my spare tyre is still there, and to me it’s not going down, so i still feel i need to cover up ) … Been told to buy ‘hold you in underwear’ , …. Does anyone else wear these garments on a day to day basis ? Are they comfortable ? , any recommendations .

Heidi.

Doodah
    Keymaster

Heidi, if it were not for ‘hold you in’ underwear, my boobs would would be in danger of bruising my knees! I get mine from M&S or the faboulous Gok Wan. It can honestly make you look like you have had corrective surgery and make your waist a awhole dress size smaller. I don’t wear my ‘Gok Knickers’ every day but they make me feel more confident for special occasions or important events work-wise. I don’t wear them every day as I have quite a bit of excess skin after losing 15st so it makes it sore in the folds (sorry if that’s too much info) as it all has to go somewhere! I would definitely invest in the pants that smooth your tum and waist and a good sturdy bra. They are even pretty these days, not like the terrible iron girder abominations my Mum used to wear! The STATIC could have generated a family home for a day!!

Doodah x

Deifersmum
    Participant

I find sloggies are great for holding the tummy in and they are comfortable enough for every day wear, Gok’s shapewear is wonderful for special occasions but, as Doodah said, they are a tad snug for wearing every day, believe me I’ve tried, never again….

My main concern is my muffin top over my low rise jean, me in low rise jeans, wouldn’t have worn those a year ago but confidence seems to be coming over time, I think we’re all on this wonderful new adventure of rediscovering ourselves and it’s great. Perhaps we should invite Gok to some support group meetings for a bit of advice and Gok love….. do you think he’s come..

Take care all.

Lots of love

Lesley
    xxxx

lisac2012

I actually think he would come. Just need uncle goks phone number now ๐Ÿ˜‰ lol x

Doodah
    Keymaster

Shall I be brave and ask him on Twitter? In fact, let’s all ask him. As a former ‘fatty’ (his word not mine) I’m sure he would be interested just a bit. What have we to lose….?

Nettie

Maybe we could write to the series producers and get him to come and give fashion advice to streamline as a group, what a fantastic tv show that would make xx Just a word regarding the shapewear garments, I was at a support group meeting recently and we had a chat from a plastic surgeon and his advice was to wear them throughout the weight loss journey to stop the skin stretching further when it hangs, sorry to be so graphic but his words not mine! His advice was that the more you wear them the more support you are giving the tissue in that area which will discourage it from stretching further and may also improve the chances of not requiring surgery afterwards.
    Nettie xx

Doodah
    Keymaster

Fantastic advice, thanks Nettie x

Doodah x

lisac2012

Yes doodah get on Twitter ๐Ÿ˜‰ hehe x

luckyflower

Nettie, interested in what you say about not letting skin sag more. Did he say support wear or does that include snug fitting full pants like sloggi?
    At the moment skin seems ok but as i lose more just want to give myself best chance. So far lost 6 stone 12 pounds.

Deifersmum
    Participant

what a fantastic idea, both shapewear and gok, I’m going to get on twitter you never know we could invite him to the tea party.

Take care

Love
    Lesley
    xxxx

hazelann70

I have a 16 year old and it’s quite funny now. We are both the same size and it was ME who bought the first pair of blue jeans (bright blue – kwik fit blue). I then bought some loud pink ones. My daughter has now followed by getting some bright blue ones (she couldn’t possibly wear the same colour as me apparently) and so not to be out done, I’ve now bought some yellow ones. It’s hillarious. I have never had any fashion sense but I seem to be leading the way in this house at the moment. Now it appears that it’s the fashion for this year my daughter loves the bright colours. Well, it seems to be in Primano!

Nettie

Supportive underwear what was he said we should wear, I guess it’s like a bra, if you don’t wear one they will sag more and much quicker!

Ms Ellie

What a great thread ….someone tweet gok, we all need some Gok love….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media