Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Fareham Support Group

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #30805
    Ms Ellie
    Member

    I just want to congratulate our very own Renn (mariahhhh) for organising a successful support group, it was lovely to see new WLS friends and catch up with old WLS friends.

    Everyone who attended was made to feel very welcome. All of us were given a special warm welcome from Renn and hubby.

    Thank you and I look forward to joining you all again

    Much love Ellie xxxx

    #45107
    Irene
    Member

    Hi All

    It was a great evening. So nice that there were so many old and new friends to chat with.
    Mary we will have a chat next time.
    Hope Renn is having a great time in Wales.

    #45098
    Doodah
    Keymaster

    Sorry I couldn’t make it. Unexpected family drama (elderly aunt who lives closest to me…)

    Renn and Bill are SO welcoming and the rest of you guys are the BEST.

    Doodah xx

    #45099
    Ms Ellie
    Member

    @Irene 15744 wrote:

    Hi All

    It was a great evening. So nice that there were so many old and new friends to chat with.
    Mary we will have a chat next time.
    Hope Renn is having a great time in Wales.

    Mary???????

    #45100
    Ms Ellie
    Member

    @Doodah 15747 wrote:

    Sorry I couldn’t make it. Unexpected family drama (elderly aunt who lives closest to me…)

    Renn and Bill are SO welcoming and the rest of you guys are the BEST.

    Doodah xx

    You were missed doodah, someone did say you were due to come, I waited till around 9pm then had to leave for my 2hr journey home look forward to seeing you at the tea party xx

    #45114
    ruby tuesday
    Member

    Before going on holiday Renn sadly decided not to run any of her support groups, and I am wondering whether anyone else would be taking over this group to ensure it still runs? It was well-attended, and I would like to see it continue, as Hayling Island is a great group, but not a local one as this is, and it might not suit everyone to travel that far.

    #45094
    Anonymous
    Guest

    Hi Rubes,

    No reason for the support meetings not to go ahead without Renn heading them, I am sure she would not want to see it just stop, she is the greatest believer in support groups and the benefits.
    I am sure Renn wouldnt mind someone holding the ship together pending a return if she ever feels she can….

    All it takes is confirmation of dates and times to be announced and the group can continue what it started to do….

    Please dont let it fail, we all understand what a lifelinie they can be…..
    Someone take up the challange please…… its important…..

    Buzz

    #45093
    Anonymous
    Guest

    Next one we need is a virtual support group… video conferencing for those really out in the sticks with nothing within travelling distance…. Either that or some online group chats occasioanlly…..

    Support is everything and only compiments the tools we are given…

    #45097
    Doodah
    Keymaster

    @Buzz 19141 wrote:

    Next one we need is a virtual support group… video conferencing for those really out in the sticks with nothing within travelling distance…. Either that or some online group chats occasioanlly…..

    Support is everything and only compiments the tools we are given…

    What a fantastic idea!!

    #45112
    ruby tuesday
    Member

    Could someone just remind me when the next group is due to meet, because if I am ok, I am happy to facilitate, whilst we decide how to move forward, rather than see the group fold. xx

    #45103
    medic
    Member

    It was on the 3rd wednesday of the month, which would make it te 21st sep. I would like to help it keep going as I am local, (Gosport), so let me know. @ruby tuesday 19158 wrote:

    Could someone just remind me when the next group is due to meet, because if I am ok, I am happy to facilitate, whilst we decide how to move forward, rather than see the group fold. xx

    #45111
    ruby tuesday
    Member

    I knew there was a reason why I had only been a couple of times; I have a monthly townswomens guild meeting on the 3rd Wed of every month, and am committed to taking a friend too. If we are making changes anyway, would it be possible to change it to another Wed per month do you think?

    #45108
    tinkly_roars
    Member

    @ruby tuesday 19169 wrote:

    I knew there was a reason why I had only been a couple of times; I have a monthly townswomens guild meeting on the 3rd Wed of every month, and am committed to taking a friend too. If we are making changes anyway, would it be possible to change it to another Wed per month do you think?

    It would suit me to move it – maybe the last Weds in the month?……. if that suits everyone else!

    Tinks xx

    #45106
    Pinkdancer
    Member

    Mel and I were talking about this and we both want it to continue. We can steer the ship while Madelaine is away and hopefully she will come back ready to take it back on.

    So are we going for Wed 28th September at 7pm as usual?

    #45109
    ruby tuesday
    Member

    Yes, suits me, will be great not to miss out on this meeting, as it is so close to me, am putting it in the diary!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Search Forums

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media