Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Exercise for back pain

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » Health & Exercise » Exercise for back pain

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    lisac2012

I have a back condition, in lots of pain daily, with the extra weight I’m carrying it puts a lot of pressure on my spine and walking has become a major problem
    I want to lose a few pounds before I meet with the surgeon, and although I love walking it’s not possible. Does anyone have any good exercise ideas they can share with me pls? Unfortunately I’m still eating bad ie big portions and I love chocolate lol but I am trying to cut it down. Any response be great.
    Thanks x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using WLS FORUM

Paul-H
    Participant

Hi

It’s going to sound obvious but have you tried cutting out the chocolate, you probably won’t be able to eat it after surgery so you could look at it as preparing yourself for life after surgery, it would also show your surgeon that you are prepared for the post surgery changes. As for exersize how about swimming.

Paul

katy

Hi
    I have a back injury needing spinal surgery. I can recommend swimming, an aqua class if you can manage it, and Pilates is great for core stability. Hope this helps
    K x

lisac2012

I have cut out a lot of the chocolate still having it but not half as much. I may give the swimming a try then thanks.xx

sue wants 2 be thin
    Participant

Lisa, hi and where are you from??

lisac2012

Hi sue, I live inbetween maidstone and medway 🙂

Doodah
    Keymaster

Swimming is the best exercise for those of us with back injuries/problems. I have also found my exercise bike really helps as I can support my upper body but still get a really good aerobic workout. I have it in my dining room so when I have 20 mins whilst soething is cooking, I jump on it – 5 mins warm up, 10 mins rigorous workout, then 5 mins coold down. It’s better for me than watching the pot boil!!

Doodah x

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media