Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Endurance levels

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » Health & Exercise » Endurance levels

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    pennyhaz

Hi guys,
    One of my main concerns about having WLS, is that my energy levels will be low, and that I wont be able to obtain some of my goals.
    When I last lost all my weight, I made it to the top of the 3 peaks, Snowdon and Ben Nevis within 48 hrs, and later Scarfel Pike, and then Scarfel Pike again the next year, I have promised myself I will do this again, I want to, but will I have the energy?

Any response would be most welcome.

Ganny
    Participant

Since my bypass back in March last year and as the weight has come off my energy level has risen and as long as you follow all the advice and try and include some form of protein in every meal I am sure you will be ok.
    Elaine xx

luckyflower

I was initially tired but have to say like Elaine I am careful with my diet and follow the advice. I feel great!! less tired because I am sleeping well now having lost 4 stone. Life feels great and I have more energy than ever and already walking loads and playing with my little ones
    lucky

Deifersmum
    Participant

HI Penny

I have to agree with Elaine and Lucky, my energy level has risen, I’m finding that I want to do more instead of just vegging out after a meal I’m getting active, walking the dog, when that’s not possible I’m working out on the treadmill and I have regained an interest in the outside world.

As Elaine said, stick to a sensible, healthy diet, follow the advice and your energy levels will rise as the weight comes off.

Hope this helps.
    Lots of love
    Lesley
    xxx

78rpm

Have to agree with the others I have tons more energy now than I ever used to have, Im much more capable 🙂

kathc

I found the first 4 weeks my energy was so low but as you recover , loose weight and gradually eat more my energy is soaring now ! I don’t think twice about running up and Down stairs at home now of walking places ! I used to avoid but now I enjoy !!!

The first few weeks I did feel totally whacked and worried i’d be like that 4 ever but I think that is normal post op recovery from an aneas .

Katherine . X

Sent from my iPhone using WLS FORUM

Clarabella

I’m so glad I just noticed this thread! I am four weeks post bypass and currently feel I could fall asleep every time I sit down!! Thank goodness there is light at the end! X

ruby tuesday

Hi Clarabella, my energy crashed about 3 weeks out, and took a while to pick up, but is now just fine, and has been for some months (nearly 5 months post-op), so don’t worry, all normal!

Doodah
    Keymaster

@pennyhaz 21158 wrote:

Hi guys,
    One of my main concerns about having WLS, is that my energy levels will be low, and that I wont be able to obtain some of my goals.
    When I last lost all my weight, I made it to the top of the 3 peaks, Snowdon and Ben Nevis within 48 hrs, and later Scarfel Pike, and then Scarfel Pike again the next year, I have promised myself I will do this again, I want to, but will I have the energy?

Any response would be most welcome.

How are things now Penny?

Doodah x

pennyhaz

Turned down darling, heart broken to be honest.

Doodah
    Keymaster

Turned down for surgery? Will you appeal. So sorry xxx

Doodah x

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media