Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Encouraging study re 10-15 years after bypass

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » The Gastric Bypass Operation » Encouraging study re 10-15 years after bypass

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Fenella

I have been doing my research as someone on here suggested in the days leading up to my bypass on Tuesday and came across this study. It has been mentioned on the forum that there is not much about anyone 5 years plus and I think this is encouraging.

It is rather academic but not difficult to understand and I skipped large bits, figure 3 is the really important one – it shows that whilst the average person does regain some weight post the nadir, or lowest point after about 2 years, the average patient still has permanent huge weight loss between 10-15 years after their operations which can only be good news.

Here is the link:

Weight Gain After Short- and Long-Limb Gastric Bypass in Patients Followed for Longer Than 10 Years

Sorry guys when I am worried I go into research over-drive!

Ms Ellie

Thanks for posting this fennella xx

Would like to add that this research was complied in 2006, would be great if we could find something later!!!

Fenella

@Ms Ellie 15440 wrote:

Thanks for posting this fennella xx

Would like to add that this research was complied in 2006, would be great if we could find something later!!!

It would be, see if you can find something. I imagine the techniques may have altered (fewer open procedures) but the average success rate over a long period is comforting to know.

thanks for this info
    it was interesting to read that the super morbid obese catogory(which is what i fall into)
    has at 36.7% failure rate post 10 years
    but on the bright side I guess that also means it has a success rate of 63.4%
    I INTEND TO BE ONE OF THE 63.4%
    if i keep on trying lol xxx

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media