Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Embarrassing ‘toilet’ questions answered.

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » Health & Exercise » Embarrassing ‘toilet’ questions answered.

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Lauren
    Keymaster

Hi Guys

I found this article and thought it would be really useful for anyone who is just too shy to ask about it. Sorry if you are having a late breakfast or brunch!!

11 Icky But Interesting Facts About Poop – Digestive Health Center – Everyday Health

jackieH
    Participant

I suffer with “floating stools” Its embarrassing, particularly at work as they don’t go with the first flush and the system seems to take ages to refill and I have to hope and prey it will go with the second one! I’m taking it that this is normal after a bypass and not an indication of a problem. I am now nine months post bypass and have lost nearly six stone.

Whitey

I too suffer from the same problem since bypass – Glad I’m not alone!

Lauren
    Keymaster

“…Poop Should Sink
    Listen for the sound of your stool as it hits the water in the toilet. Floating stools are often an indication of high fat content, which can be a sign of malabsorption, a condition in which you can’t absorb enough fat and other nutrients from the food you’re ingesting. It’s associated with celiac disease or chronic pancreatitis…”

Well, according to this quote from the article it would seem that malabsorption might be the culprit. If you are in any doubt or are worried, please ask your GP or team about it. I promise you they will not be surprised by anything you ask so there is nothing to be embarrassed about.

I’m glad I posted the article now as it is plain to see that some of you do have concerns. my main one is wind (parp.) Thank goodness it doesn’t bother me to let it go lol! I can still blame the dog 😉

Doodah x

Deifersmum
    Participant

Hi, my problem is wind but I think I’ve managed to reduce it, I’ve gone on to lactofree milk and margarine and it seems to be helping, it hasn’t eliminated the wind completely but it’s more manageable now and a lot less embarrassing thank goodness, my desk is miles away from the loo at work… no dogs there for me to blame !!!!!

Lesley
    xxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hahaha! My beloved Bennie was always the first point of blame God rest his soul. Pippy isn’t half as flatulent – yet 😉

We are a ‘windy’ household: which in some ways is good. At least I don’t have to feel embarrassed. Until we have company :-O

Doodah x

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media