Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Eggs

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Helen

I had my operation eleven days ago. Been having my lovely pureed food. Yum!! But i really fancy doing myself one egg worth of scrambled egg or an one egg omelette. For something completely different to eat.

Does anyone think it is too early for me to eat eggs or not???

Lorraine

I couldn’t eat eggs for ages (months), they don’t seem to want to go down even when scrambled. You can dip a bit of toast in the yolk of a boiled egg if that helps?

Lorraine

Helen

Thanks alot…….

carolthecook

I tried scrambled eggs (very softly cooked) at about 2 weeks and was fine with it but everyone is different. I may have been lucky that I haven’t encountered many problems with eating all food groups. Many people tell me of their intolerances to meat, bread, pasta etc etc. I think the thing to remember is that it is almost as if we’re being weaned again (like babies) and sometimes we’re ready for a food and sometimes we’re not. The thing is if you don’t get on with it at a certain stage don’t ditch it for good….try it again a bit later and you may be surprised that it is then ok. You wouldn’t expect a child to never eat a food again just because of one or two poor experiences and good food habits need to be developed slowly over time. Don’t be in a mad race to the tape Helen, under 2 weeks is a very short time after surgery…you have all the rest of your life to eat well again. Good luck Carol x

SJ

I am almost 10 months out and cannot tolerate eggs at all. They make me dump and leave me feeling very very sick…

I tried dipping a small slice of toast into the yolk and that made me even sicker! So, eggs still off the menu for me!

Everyone is different.

Helen

I might try some on Monday or Tuesday.

kathc

Helen – I know this is an old thread but can you remember how you got on ? I’m 15 days post op and was also thinking of trying loose scrambled eggs ??

Katherine

Sent from my iPhone using WLS FORUM

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media