Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Eekkkk !! Nervous !!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Lauren
    Keymaster

I’m so happy that you find this forum helpful. We made quite a few changes a couple of years ago to make it as supportive, positive and welcoming as possible. We don’t shy away from problems or sweep them under the carpet but rather try to find a way to help each other get through any potentially tough times.

That loser’s bench must go to Mars and back by now!

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

Trayg how are you today ? Are you prepared for Monday ? Have you got any thing planned this weekend . Just enjoy your self pack your bag and relax

Trayg

@Kimberly 31822 wrote:

Trayg how are you today ? Are you prepared for Monday ? Have you got any thing planned this weekend . Just enjoy your self pack your bag and relax

Hi, all good so. Far .. Had a couple of wobbles with food .. Stuck a piece of bread in my mouth last night without even realising when I was doing packed lunches ?!! It was automatic .. I haven’t worried too much tho cos I have whieghed myself and lost another 4lbs since mon , and I have been back on track today and have til mon to redeem it lol , it’s actually surprising that I’m not really hungry , it’s just when I’m doing other peoples food , I have been on a mission cleaning getting all laundry done and I’m working til 7 fri and sat so it will take my mind off things …. Just gonna strip all the beds Sunday and get my bag packed ,, I’m intrigued by dry mouth spray ?? Will I need it ? Any other tips as what to take ? I’m hopefully coming out the same day xxxx:heh:

Kimberly
    Participant

@Trayg 31823 wrote:

Hi, all good so. Far .. Had a couple of wobbles with food .. Stuck a piece of bread in my mouth last night without even realising when I was doing packed lunches ?!! It was automatic .. I haven’t worried too much tho cos I have whieghed myself and lost another 4lbs since mon , and I have been back on track today and have til mon to redeem it lol , it’s actually surprising that I’m not really hungry , it’s just when I’m doing other peoples food , I have been on a mission cleaning getting all laundry done and I’m working til 7 fri and sat so it will take my mind off things …. Just gonna strip all the beds Sunday and get my bag packed ,, I’m intrigued by dry mouth spray ?? Will I need it ? Any other tips as what to take ? I’m hopefully coming out the same day xxxx:heh:

You don’t need it but I found it helpful , especially afterward my mouth was continually dry and I think a bit smelly so it refreshed it , it’s very small and van pop in a hand bag . I had some peppermint tea bags for the wind , we tend to get wind pain after the surgery . But walking and knee bends help and don’t be embarrassed to let it go . I had some nice music on my phone and I also down loaded a talking book , only because I find it blocks my negative thoughts and help my anxiety . But don’t forget your head phones lol . Make sure you got a few things in to eat and drink for when you come out of hospital . That difficult because it seems every surgion is different . I had the wonderful Mr Somers and I was on sloppy thin food on day 2 post op . So I had ready break , weetabix , yogurts ( remember low sugar under 5% per 100 g . I spent ages looking and I can really only have ww yogurts . Or I make my own . Home made soup is really nice . But I really found Carole ball book so helpful . . However it seems that very one is different in how they react ,

Lauren
    Keymaster

Excellent advice from Kim there Trayg. I would also suggest hand and face wipes just to keep you feeling fresh. I know most hospitals are the cleanest places in the world but I felt so much better being able to ‘wash’ my hands and face before eating and after handling magazines, books etc. I also took in anti bacterial hand gel and asked my visitors to use it in case they had forgotten to use the hospital ones. As you may have guessed, I’m a little OCD about such things haha!

Other than that, get as much rest as you can whilst you are in but try to get up and about every couple of hours to get things moving (especially wind and your bowels.) Make the most of the fact that the ONLY thing you have to worry about is you. You don’t have to cook or clean and you can’t see it happening so don’t need to worry about it.

Just realised I sound like a total loon! I’m afraid I am a bit of a micro manager and won’t stop worrying about what is happening or supposed to happen until all responsibility about it is removed from me!!

Anyway, Monday will be here before you know it and your new, happier and healthier life will begin. I’m so happy and excited for you.

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

Anti bacterial wipes a big yes , when had . My babies I took them in and wiped the loo seat before using it , that’s a bit OCD

Trayg

Thanx ladies will keep posting xxx

Trayg

Well it’s finally here !!! I’m in tomorrow at 7 am !!! See you on the slim side xxxx

treeza

All the very best. Yay so excited for you. Take care. Look after yourself. Slow & steady x we’ve all budged up the losers bench for you x

Kimberly
    Participant

Good luck , I be thinking of you today , see you on the loser bench

Lauren
    Keymaster

Very Best of British today Trayg! Please keep us posted and we will keep everything crossed for you! SO exciting!!

Doodah x

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media