Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Eekkkk !! Nervous !!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Trayg

I’m starting my pre op diet tomorrow , milk and yogurt , getting my band next mon , 7th April at Dolan park hospital , I’m more nervous about the pre op diet than the op ?? Is this odd ? Lol xx

Kimberly
    Participant

@Trayg 31750 wrote:

I’m starting my pre op diet tomorrow , milk and yogurt , getting my band next mon , 7th April at Dolan park hospital , I’m more nervous about the pre op diet than the op ?? Is this odd ? Lol xx

hi and welcome . It will go quickly . I could have sugar free jelly when I was in the milk diet , I divided it into three tricked my self that I was having three meals lol . Just remember to keep your fluid up . It’s strange thought. Hate milk after two weeks on the pre op diet but I still having milky coffee once a day to help me get my protein in . The time will go quickly xx

Trayg

Thanx for replying , I have been cramming in as much info as I can , pouring thro forums etc but I have found a lot of them are from America so they seem to do things differently over there so it’s hard to get a complete picture ? I just hope it’s all worth it . Trying not to read anything negative cos it sends me a bit over the edge lol , I felt a bit adrift , kinda left ? The people at the hospital were lovely , then I paid up ( going private ) and not really heard much since ? Just following the booklet really , I was told I would come in on the morning of my op and could go home the same day , which I think will be better just in case of infection etc , but have read on various blogs and forums that some people were in for 3 days ? I suppose I’m just worrying about silly things xxx

bikerchris
    Participant

Hi. I’m in a similar situation although having bypass not band, I will start milk diet at the beginning of next week. Please keep posting so I can see how you are getting on

audrasharon

Just make sure you drink lots of water too. It really help to stop the headache. I did the milk diet twice for 15 then 12 day ( was cancelled first time around) if you get your head round the fact it just has to be done your be fine. Good luck. X

Trayg

@audrasharon 31756 wrote:

Just make sure you drink lots of water too. It really help to stop the headache. I did the milk diet twice for 15 then 12 day ( was cancelled first time around) if you get your head round the fact it just has to be done your be fine. Good luck. X

Thanx I’ll keep posting , just keep thinking nothing tastes how skinny feels !! Hubby not one bit keen , he was very peed off when I told him what I was thinking of doing , got the ” u should do it properly ” and just think
    what we could have spent that money on ?! I replied it’s my money and if u don’t support me I’m still doing it ! Not. Really telling people cos most judge u and think it’s the easy way out ? Not !!! Xx

treeza

Trayg it’s natural to be anxious pre surgery it’s a big decision I think it’s would be more of a worry if you weren’t! Once you get past the first 3 or 4 days the milk diet it fine. I had bypass surgery & was in for 3 days 2 nights. I have heard that bandsters can go home the same day if you received well. What ever you do on milk diet make sure you drink plenty of water pre & post op.
    It’s up to you who you tell if you don’t want to tell anyone then don’t but do let those who will give you the support you will need.
    I’m sure you other half will come to term with it when he sees how it changes your life for HHS best.
    You team should be available for questions so do hesitate to contact them.
    There are so many wonderful people on the forum who will help you in any way they can.
    Please us updated on how things are going. Take care xxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Trayg 31750 wrote:

Hi there Trayg and welcome.

It’s not at all odd! This will be the first big step in your journey. Sticking to the pre op diet will shrink your liver, thus making the surgeons job easier and safer for you. It’s a big responsibility! Once you have successfully completed it, you will know you have the skill and determination to carry on with the whole journey.

You will be surprised how little TRUE hunger you will feel after about the third day. This will be good preparation too. Please keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on.

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

Don’t forget a pillow to put across your tummy for the journey home in the car . And dry mouth spray ( love it ) you can get it from boots . I got constipated on the diet but dulcolax shift it ha ha. I found the hardest thing was drinking all 4 pints of milk and the 2 lts of fluid !!! Was on the loo all day . The sugar free syrup saved me and I found it easier to get the milk down . Funny I like milk now !!! . I was in hospital for two night but I was bypassed . Any questions please post , or if you can make a support group .

Lauren
    Keymaster

How are things going Trayg? Hope you are coping with the amount of fluids 😉 One day closer to the goal now….

Doodah x

Trayg

Hi all , thanks for your repleys , I’m just sipping bovril as I type ! Mmmmm lol , all good so far I’m surprised im actually not hungry ? Hardest thing is making kids tea and doing packed lunches , I’m drinking so much water , can’t keep of the loo ! I’m excited and apprehensive about mon but in determined to crack on ! When I told my hubby about the fact that I had lost a stone already , I imediatlly regretted it cos he jumped on it straight away saying see…
    U don’t need to spend all that money and go throu a op .. U can do it without ?? It’s ok losing it in the short term , it’s keeping it off !! He just does not understand xxxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Trayg 31803 wrote:

Hi all , thanks for your repleys , I’m just sipping bovril as I type ! Mmmmm lol , all good so far I’m surprised im actually not hungry ? Hardest thing is making kids tea and doing packed lunches , I’m drinking so much water , can’t keep of the loo ! I’m excited and apprehensive about mon but in determined to crack on ! When I told my hubby about the fact that I had lost a stone already , I imediatlly regretted it cos he jumped on it straight away saying see…
    U don’t need to spend all that money and go throu a op .. U can do it without ?? It’s ok losing it in the short term , it’s keeping it off !! He just does not understand xxxx

And that is the crux of it isn’t it? Keeping the ruddy weight off. As I said in the Streamline video – I had lost the same three stones ten times over!

Just keep doing what you are doing as it is obviously working for you. It’s weird not to feel hungry isn’t it? Yet highly interesting that you still want to eat. Just goes to prove how much of our eating is ‘head hunger’. I had it terribly over the moving house period the other week. Stress related eating when I wasn’t even that hungry. All gone now though.

Monday is coming round quickly isn’t it? Only five more sleeps woo hoo! I honestly think this is the most exciting bit 🙂

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

Not long now and Monday will soon be here . Iv lost my weight hundred of times and I really believe that the last time I yo yo effected my poorly heart . Keep up and just think that this time next week we be moving along the losers bench making room for you xx

Trayg

Thanx ladies it’s a great help coming on here xxx

treeza

Keep going you can do it x not long now & we will all eg welcoming you on the losers bench x yay :0)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media