Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Eeek!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    treeza

Very anxious as I’m flying up to Scotland on Thurs for a friends wedding!!! The last couple of times I needed extension for seat belt! My stomach is a lot softer & smaller so hoping my “suck it all in” knickers hold it in enough for the belt to fit!!! Cross everything for me! They have also asked me to do a reading. Feel very honoured but it’s a bit scary! :0)x ?

Lauren
    Keymaster

You will be fine – both the belt and the reading! There is nothing quite so wonderful as NOT having to ask for the extender belt. You will have a lovely time and look fabulous 😉

Doodah x

Lauren
    Keymaster

Thank goodness for spanx and the like!

treeza

Sadly my greatest fears were realised. Belt didn’t fit so had to move! Thanks to two lovely Scottish football fans who moved so we could all sit together! Mortified! Still have to do return journey!!!:0(x goodness knows how awful it would have been if I wasn’t already near 4 stone lighter!!!

They landlady if the B&B & her daughter have both had gastric bands! It’s a small world! :0)x

Lauren
    Keymaster

Oh NO! Well, you can now be certain that the flight home will be the last one you ever have to do with the extender belt.

What a small world regarding the landlady and her daughter! And what a difficult industry to be in when you can’t eat as much as you used to!

Apart from all that, are you having a good time? Has anyone noticed your four stone loss – I should jolly well hope so!

Doodah x

Whitey

It’s such a wonderful feeling the first time you can fasten your seat belt on a plane. I used to have my own extender so I didn’t have to ask for one. I remember shaking and sweating before I boarded a plane worrying that I would fit in to a seat. The first time I could fasten my belt I wanted to cheer out loud! Just one of the great things you have got to come Treeza good luck x

Lauren
    Keymaster

Totally agree. Also, putting the food tray right down! My stomach used to block it from being level!

Have to share this with you so that you know what is coming….

When we went to Austria a few weeks back, we were all waiting to get to our seats. As I was shimmying along a woman said to me as we crossed paths ‘Good job we are both slim isn’t it?’ I wanted to hug her and shout to the whole plane that a complete stranger had called me slim!!! What a moment!

You have all this to look forward to xx

Pauline

good luck Treeza, I,m sure you will get the belt done up ….I have just returned from family holiday in Spain…was soo delighted when i managed to do seat belt up on the plane I almost cried !!

Lauren
    Keymaster

Unless you have been really obese, you simply cannot understand what a wonderful feeling it is to be able to do such ‘normal’ things.

My other terror was going out to eat. I would have to go the the place in advance to check out the seating. If it looked really small, had arms or was a bench ‘diner’ type arrangement, I would not go. How awful is that? Same with theatre or Cinema. I once phoned a theatre to ask them the seat dimensions. They thought I was crackers but when it came back they were 28″, my heart sank. That meant they would be 56″ overall capacity. My hips measured 64″. I was 1″ more round than I was tall.

So, that’s why we could all cry with joy the first time we get that ruddy seat belt fastened!

Doodah x

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media