Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Eating?

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi guys I’m 2 weeks post op today. I am on the pureed diet now. My problem is even on the liquid diet I would only have one liquid meal a day tops two when I was told I should be eating six small meals a day. I drink an awful lot of cranberry juice and cordials. But I just can’t seem to eat more than one or two meals daily. I don’t have a problem with eating it’s just I feel full constantly and have no interest. Has anyone else experienced this? I also have zero energy this is obviously because I haven’t been eating enough. So is it normal to not be able to eat right now and does it get easier? And any ideas on how to increase my energy levels?
    Thanks,
    Lily x 🙂

gillb

Hi Lily

When I first came home from hospital I was unable to even sip for a couple of days but I did sip as much as I could as I know it is important to take in fluid. I’m now 4 weeks post-op and I was the same as you 2 weeks ago. As the swelling decreases each week you will find that your appetite will increase. I’m now eating mashed food and I look forward to my meals as I now get hungry. Like you I didn’t have much energy but you should find that when you eat more your energy levels will also increase. I have become a big fan of drinking coffee made from skimmed milk, I have a cup each evening. It goes down very easily and it’s a good source of calcium. Hang in there Lily, it does get easier. We just have to be patient patients and take things slowly. Best of luck with your recovery and your weight loss. Love Gill x

Ms Ellie

Hi there lily as gill has said hang in there it will all sort itself out soon I remember feeling very tired for a while after my op, if you are worried always go back to your team for help and advice .

Good luck much love Ellie xxx

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media