Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Eating with band

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    natalieyoung

Thanks Doodah as always your a star! I think some chicken soup will make my tummy better. The scrambled eggs just might not be my thing. Going to wait til Saturday and that will be two weeks since op and might try some porridge

Doodah
    Keymaster

Wise decision Natalie xx

lynne903

I know different surgeons and teams advise different things, my team has said to stick to puréed foods, mashed potato with plenty of gravy, porridge, weetabix with plenty of milk so it goes mushy, rice pudding etc until week 3. They’ve advised me not to have scrambled egg until then and can also introduce other foods that are easy to chew. I know this may be different to what other people are being advised, but it might be worth thinking about if you’re struggling. Of v

lynne903

Don’t known what happened at the end if that last message! 😮

natalieyoung

Thanks Lynne. I think the scrambled eggs were a big mistake they just did not go down properly and caused me some serious indigestion. Just having soup tea and milk now. I am 11 days post op and sick of liquids but afraid to eat anything thy will upset the band!

skinnysoup

I am worried that I have done something wrong but I am having no problems with food. Not feeling full up when I eat the same portion as my 6 yr old and just will power is stopping me eat more!

Have not lost any weight for a week though I am used to doing a lot more exercise than I am doing at the moment. I even missed lunch today and had a protein shake as I am worried I will put weight on if I eat normally and do no exercise.

Any advice for a worrier?

Kerrie xx

natalieyoung

Have u anything in your band yet Kerrie. My surgeon put 2 ml in mine durin op. you probably just need to get a fill. I can only manage a cup of soup at the minute and I am full. I am not as far after op as u though

skinnysoup

No nothing in band yet going on 7 th December!

How come you had a band fill on surgery?

I have suddenly gone a bit worried!

Xx

natalieyoung

Some surgeons put some in durin the op and some don’t. I am back the 8th of December for a check up and fill. Maybe you ring them and tell them your feeling hungry.

deanne212

Egg has never sat well with my band I get awful sick feeling all day ! So I have stayed away and been fine since! Same goes for cottage cheese for me just the thought of it?.

natalieyoung

Took your advice Doodah and had some porridge and feel grand. Maybe the egg was just a no no for me.

natalieyoung

Yes Deanne maybe the egg just did not sit well with my tummy. Can u have poached eggs

Doodah
    Keymaster

Glad the porridge worked Natalie. It’s such a comforting food isn’t it? Plus it keepsd you full up for longer and is thought to regulate sugar levels and cholsterol. In fact, oats are just fab full stop.

I still can’t eat scrambled or fried (YUK) eggs after four years! Although, I believe egg white is much easier than the yolk. Egg white omelettes are fantastic too. Very low in fat, high in protein and easy to digest. I add mixed, dried herbs, lots of black pepper and low fat cheese to mine and cook it in olive it. Scrum diddly umptious!

deanne212

I can’t do any egg!! I’m ok if cooked In something and so the eggs not too prominent but otherwise I just avoid eggs not worth missing my next meal as I feel so ill after!!

natalieyoung

Yes think best to avoid egg for a while anyway. Had some cottage pie today with brown sauce and it was delicious.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media