Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Eating with band

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    natalieyoung

I am wondering what sort of food people are eating. I am on my liquid diet at the minute and next week puréed food and then normal food but I am wondering what people who have bands are eating. Is indigestion common with all food

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi Natalie

I have made this same suggestion in another thread: contact your dietitian if you have any problems or worries concerning post wls food. All surgeons/teams are different so the guidleines being follwed by one patient, might not be the same ones being followed by others

In general, pureed food can be exactly the same as liquidised, just a bit ‘lumpier’. It will feel a bit boring but we should remember that we all followed a strict pre op diet for at least two weeks and got through that!

As for indigestion, are you experiencing it now?

Doodah x

natalieyoung

The indigestion is not as bad as it was. Yesterday i think I had soup that was too thick and caused some discomfort.

Doodah
    Keymaster

Quite possible you have found the culprit then Natalie!

It’s all so much trial and error in the beginning – we all went through it believe me.

It took a fair bit of discomfort and frothing/vomiting before I gave in and realised that meat and rice were never going to be any friend of mine! I kept trying at regular intervals as some foods are only problematic in the very beginning. However, I never ate much meat anyway and I certainly don’t miss rice (except for Risotto mmm loved that!) as much as I would have pasta. I’m fine with pasta so I’ll take that as they say 😉

Doodah x

natalieyoung

Right so today had a scrambled egg and about 20 after had a lot of indigestion! Does this mean liquids for another while or is this going to always the way I feel after eating?

skinnysoup

I am back to eating ‘real’ food now and though it was difficult mentally I have not had any problems so far.

Just think of the weight loss!

Xx

natalieyoung

Did you have indigestion after eating Kerrie? I had that egg at 12 today and can still feel indigestion in my back its horrible

skinnysoup

No not really though I am sorry to say that as it doesn’t help you.

Sorry xx

natalieyoung

Don’t be silly Kerrie its great you have no discomfort I just don’t think my tummy is quite ready for food just yet!

skinnysoup

You must have lost so much weight??? I have lost just over a stone in 3 weeks, though it has really slowed up in the last week.

I played tennis today and I think it’s slightly too soon as I feel a tad uncomfortable tonight. Desperate to start exercising again but think I thought I was more recovered than I was! Maybe I will swim instead for a bit.

I guess everyone is different listen to your body you will know when you can handle food!

Kerrie

Xx

natalieyoung

Have lost about 16lb but that’s including preop.

@natalieyoung 26612 wrote:

Have lost about 16lb but that’s including preop.

Hi that’s fantastic doesn’t it make it feel all so worthwhile…….

Carry on losing!
    Claire

@natalieyoung 26605 wrote:

Right so today had a scrambled egg and about 20 after had a lot of indigestion! Does this mean liquids for another while or is this going to always the way I feel after eating?

Sorry must start reading from the beginning! I have had a bypass but scrambled egg that is too dry is probably your problem when cooking it keep it a little runny don’t let it get dry and lumpy, I have problems too but like my egg runny but have let it cook too long and wow I know about it. It may sound silly but don’t forget to chew it to.

Good luck hope your feeling better now!

Claire

natalieyoung

Thanks Claire maybe it was too dry but was in an horrible pain til about 10 last night. Think I am going to stick to liquids for another couple of days!

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi Natalie

It will do you no harm at all to stick with more fluid stuff for a few days. I do it even now if my system is struggling. As you all know (because I am CONSTANTLY moaning about it!) I suffer dreadfully when I’m cold. So, if it’s absolutely bitter, I eat nothing but home made soup that I have ‘zizzed’ up in the blender until I get warm again.

When I was in the Maldives, I managed to eat all sorts of things I couldn’t possibly consider here as it was so lovely and hot there!

Claire is right about the scrambled eggs. Keep them very much on the soft and runny side and it will be easier. In this awful weather, have to admit to turning to my old friend porridge as well. Have never had a problem with it and pureed fruit to sweeten it is delish! It’s so good for you too.

You are doing brillaintly Natalie. And thank you so much for always coming here and sharing both your triumphs and disasters. It will be so helpful to new people.

Doodah x

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media