Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Eating – part 2

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    scpayne76

I’ve listened to you and my friends and family and am having this week off too.

I’m a teacher and although I only work two days I don’t think my brain is ready or my body yet. 🙂
    Walking the girls to and from school is tiring but I’m feeling better for being back to normal… Almost

bikerchris
    Participant

That seems more than sensible, you’ll know when the time is right. I think I had 2.5 weeks off then did a week part time before going back full time. But it depends what you do, I was sedentary/ office based at the time and I didn’t have a long commute, I probably could have gone back a little sooner. But if someone has physical demands in their job or if there is a lot of travel, they’d probably need longer. There’s no right or wrong really

Chris

Lauren
    Keymaster

@scpayne76 32815 wrote:

I’ve listened to you and my friends and family and am having this week off too.

I’m a teacher and although I only work two days I don’t think my brain is ready or my body yet. 🙂
    Walking the girls to and from school is tiring but I’m feeling better for being back to normal… Almost

I think you have made a very wise decision. Teaching is a tough job at the best of times (Husband and Daughter are teachers) so you need to be totally able, both mentally and physically, to get back into it.

You will get there. Just in your bod’s own sweet time!

Doodah x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@bikerchris 32816 wrote:

That seems more than sensible, you’ll know when the time is right. I think I had 2.5 weeks off then did a week part time before going back full time. But it depends what you do, I was sedentary/ office based at the time and I didn’t have a long commute, I probably could have gone back a little sooner. But if someone has physical demands in their job or if there is a lot of travel, they’d probably need longer. There’s no right or wrong really

Chris

You are absolutely right Chris – there IS no right or wrong way. Only the way our bodies choose. 😉

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

I’m glad your having another week off . This time is about being a bit selfish and allowing your body to heal , teaching is hard physical work your on your feet all the time up and down class rooms and if your still tired get your GP to sign you off another week x

Lauren
    Keymaster

We women find it so hard to put ourselves first!

Doodah x

scpayne76

Thank you everyone. I’m
    So pleased I didn’t go back as I’m
    Still so tired. When will I feel more like my old self? I’m loving the weight loss but I’m tired.:-(

Lauren
    Keymaster

@scpayne76 32824 wrote:

Thank you everyone. I’m
    So pleased I didn’t go back as I’m
    Still so tired. When will I feel more like my old self? I’m loving the weight loss but I’m tired.:-(

Everyone is different as you can appreciate. Plus it will depend on your age, job and home life!

I was lucky that I didn’t have any small children or a full time job so I was fine after about 6 weeks. I then got a bit tired around the 10 month mark. However, my body had been working SO hard for me (losing a stone a month) that it took a ‘voluntary, self imposed holiday’ and slowed right down for a whole month. No weight lost and crippling tiredness.

After that, it was all systems go again. I struggles a bit with the menopause (still do some days) but I think we are often too quick to blame our wls for everything.

I’m glad you didn’t go back too. You listened to your body and put it first – always my main advice/tip. The second bit is ‘be kind to yourself’. Your body is working triple time for you so make sure you give it a break every once in a while or it may go on strike!

Doodah x

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media