Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

East of England, funding approved

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    logansmith

I have just been granted funding from PCT for Bariatric Surgery. Does anyone know of waiting time for Luton & Dunstable Hospital. Also I believe East of England also offer an alternative hospital in London does anyone know which one that is and what their weighting times are like.
    Many thanks

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hi there.

Congratulations on getting your funding! So exciting.

I’m afraid I don’t’ have a clue about waiting time for your area so I’m not really going to be much help with that matter. It might, however, be worth you phoning Luton and Dunstable to ask them what the alternative hospital is. Also ask them about waiting times etc… If you don’t want to phone, try emailing them.

Hope you get some answers soon. If someone from your are is on this forum, they may come along and answer this question for you. We have members from all over the UK and the world!

Good luck and congrats once again on your funding. It’s the most important step 😉

Doodah x

congratulations 😀

@logansmith 28018 wrote:

I have just been granted funding from PCT for Bariatric Surgery. Does anyone know of waiting time for Luton & Dunstable Hospital. Also I believe East of England also offer an alternative hospital in London does anyone know which one that is and what their weighting times are like.
    Many thanks

linda123

Hello logansmith was wondering if you might be able to answer a question for me as you have funding for luton & dunstable area .. do you know what the criteria is for funding in that area is?? do u need co-morbidities for funding as well as a certain bmi ?? thats for your help :0)

Lauren
    Keymaster

Any news yet logansmith? Would be very interested to hear all about it 😉

Doodah x

logansmith

@Doodah 28104 wrote:

Any news yet logansmith? Would be very interested to hear all about it 😉

Doodah x

I there sorry i have not replied sooner, I have only just noticed your question.

My funding was with Norfolk and Waveney PCT which is in Norwich. The funding criteria is as follows:

BMI > 40
    at least one comobilies
    and to have attended a intense weight ,management programme.

However, if you dont have all the above they do consider exceptional circumstances.

Again sorry for the delay

Lauren
    Keymaster

Please don’t apologise. I have been on holiday anyway! I know – what a cheek hahaha!

Doodah

kellbell

Hi, doodah… I don’t wanna seem as if I’m moaning but I still don’t have my surgery date. I got told early march it’s killing me it’s the only thing I can think about I jut wanna have surgery and start my life.
    I have rang but the women never even checked just said letters will be sent out. !!! Any advice x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@kellbell 31732 wrote:

Hi, doodah… I don’t wanna seem as if I’m moaning but I still don’t have my surgery date. I got told early march it’s killing me it’s the only thing I can think about I jut wanna have surgery and start my life.
    I have rang but the women never even checked just said letters will be sent out. !!! Any advice x

Hi Kellbell

I do have some advice but it is not what you want to hear (or what I wanted to hear at the time either.) Be patient. I know it seems like an absolute age but what you have to remember is that the logistics behind getting op dates for all the patients is a nightmare. Every single member of staff that you will need for your surgery and stay in hospital has to be co ordinated and arranged/booked. I can tell you from personal experience that trying to pin people down is a nightmare as they are ALL so busy ALL the time. Then there are emergencies….

I told you you wouldn’t want to hear it but it is the truth. When we are that close to having it done it is all we can think about and see in our minds. However, there are so many factors that determine when you can have yours that, in truth, I think it all happens very smoothly! You just have to wait – and that is the hardest bit.

Start making some strategies for after the surgery. What you will take in with you, what to wear on your homeward journey, take a pillow to put over your wound so the seat belt doesn’t hurt, what you are going to eat, what you need to buy, what you need to research….All things that will make it feel like you have already started.

Above everything else, stay positive. And focused. Try not to put on any more weight and perhaps try to get a bit more mobile, even if that just means arm lifts and ankle turns in a chair. It will make you feel more involved and you will be improving your health for the surgery both mentally and physically.

And NO you are not moaning. You just want it to happen and that is entirely normal and understandable.

Doodah x

kellbell

No that’s not what I wanted to hear but it’s sorted me out haha. I needed that because I was thinking everything! Thank you!

Lauren
    Keymaster

@kellbell 31739 wrote:

No that’s not what I wanted to hear but it’s sorted me out haha. I needed that because I was thinking everything! Thank you!

Aw, bless your heart Kellbell. It’s horrible to hear things you don’t want to but I always think it is better to hear the facts as you then have a clearer idea of what to expect. This forum is all about support but we don’t give false hope or facts. Sometimes things are just tough and we have to learn to cope with them as best we can. That’s when this forum comes in.

We are ALL on your side. Even when we can’t actually help, we are all still wishing the very best outcome for each other. there have been many of us who have not heard what we want to hear – at that time, but have eventually gone on to have surgery and feel fantastic. It also taught us how to be patient and never give up – just like the fabulous Kimberly.

Please keep us all up to date on how things are progressing. We are all rooting for you 😉

Doodah x

kellbell

Hi, I’ve received a letter today from Sudbury hill harrow and the NHS hasn’t updated there contract with them!! So instead of receiving my surgery date I get this letter. So looks like I have a long time to go again as I now need to be referred to Portsmouth.

The amount of people who will be disappointed with this news is unbelievable!!
    I was really looking forward to my summer but instead I will be sat in home wishing I could be sat in the sun. I’m so upset.

Kimberly
    Participant

@kellbell 31808 wrote:

Hi, I’ve received a letter today from Sudbury hill harrow and the NHS hasn’t updated there contract with them!! So instead of receiving my surgery date I get this letter. So looks like I have a long time to go again as I now need to be referred to Portsmouth.

I was really looking forward to my summer but instead I will be sat in home wishing I could be sat in the sun. I’m so upset.

That is disappointing , but hold on to that thought you have funding approved that the biggest battle you have fought and won . Don’t let this take that away from you .its just a matter of time now xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@kellbell 31808 wrote:

So sorry to hear that. I truthfully understand how upsetting it is to have to take two steps back when you have taken one forward. I hope it is resolved asap.

Doodah x

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media