Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Early days

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    magicme

Hi all

I have been reading and taking in all the valuable advice on here and was just wanting abit of support. I am only one week post op and have to say I am doing very well, I have managed to have varied foods (puree) and kept them all down with no problem which I presume am one of the lucky ones. With this in mind is it wrong to go on to lumpier food earlier than the given four weeks? I enjoy the puree but the thought of having for another 3 weeks makes me feel ill. Would welcome any comments :panda:

miss missy

hi there.glad to hear your having a trouble free time.thats excellent.i really wouldnt advice you to go on to the next stage earlier than you should.i no the purree stage is tedious and by the end of the 4 weeks i felt physicaaly sick just thinking about mush but they tell us that for a reason.our little pouches just cant cope with anything else.even me now at nearly 10 weeks post op have to mash everything upstill and its got to be really wet to not get stuck.good luck.xxx

Jaysee

Hi there magicme…good to hear youre doing well so far, keep up the good work! Personally I dont think you should try lumpier things yet, youre still healing inside and will still have localised swelling. I know it can get tedious and like miss said, sometimes even thinking about mush makes you feel nauseous. Try to wait until the guidelines say you should take things a step further as it will be far more beneficial to the outcome and kinder to your new pouch – you dont want it stretching and believe me, things getting stuck early on is not a nice experience!
    Im almost 11 weeks post op and Im the most impatient person on this planet so I know its hard, but the time does fly and it wont be long before you can get more variety.
    All the best…and keep us posted!
    Jules xx

sonia kidman

Hi

I have to agree with what is said above I am 7 weeks post op and I have to say that I was like you and felt great thought I would try something A bit more solid and I suffered.I would just stick to pureed food.
    Keep up the good work and welcome to the losers bench.
    Sonia x x

Ganny
    Participant

Hi,
    I agree with all that has been said and like Sonia I am nearly 8 weeks post op and thought I would try something a little more solid before the 4 weeks were up and boy did I suffer and when you can go on to more solid food don’t do what I did the first time and went mad and paid for it again, so do just take it easy and introduce more solid stuff slowly. Last night was the first time I actually used a knife and fork for about 10 weeks (including the milk diet) and I had a proper if very small meal and really really enjoyed it, so slowly does it.
    Welcome to the forum and the losers bench.
    Elaine xx

Deifersmum
    Participant

HI Magicme

Welcome to the losers bench, it’s nice to know you. I’m afraid I was like you, I’m now nearly 8 weeks post op (Gastric Bypass) and unfortunately I couldn’t stand the sight or smell of pureed food, I did the transition to more solid food earlier than advised but I did it very slowly and with very small portions i.e. two teaspoons of mashed potatoe with some gravy, and that seemed to satisfy me and I was luck that it didn’t make me sick or react in a bad way. Obviously I wouldn’t recommend this to anyone else, it worked for me but I just thought I’d let you know that your not on your own feeling like this in the early stages.

Good luck and again, welcome.

Love
    Lesley
    xx

miss missy

ive just had a thought after reading your post ganny.ive forgotten all about a knife and fork and youve just made me think about using a knife and fork again.am so used to a teaspoon.weird eh!!!!xx

Irene

Hi Magicme
    Welcome to the forum and losers bench.

Please do not go to more solid food before you should. Everyone has said all the reasons why so I won’t go over them again. What I will say is this. Think about weaning a baby on to solid food. You wouldn’t rush that would you? No so your pouch is just like th stomach of a newborn and needs to be treated as gently as you would a new born.
    Good luck
    Keep us posted on your progress

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media