Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Dumping Syndrome – part 3

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ganny
    Participant

Hi All,
    Just back from my lovely GP and I have now been told I have “dumping syndrome”, strange as you don’t normally develope it this late after surgery ( I am now nearly 18 months post bypass). She doesn’t know what to do for me so she is going to write to the lovely St Richards for advise, in the meantime she has told me to follow a very low carb diet as it is the carbs my body is not coping with, didn’t realise that carbs was in so many things lol, so I will do as she says until St Richards get back to her and see how I get on, anything to stop me feeling so lousy. So sorry I missed the tea party Saturday was so looking forward to meeting you all but feeling like I do and the lightheadedness causing me to be all over the place thought I wouldn’t risk it, there is always next year.
    Elaine xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

Sorry we missed you on Saturday and so pleased you are feeling slightly better if not fully. Let’s hope SRH have answers for you

Doodah x

Deifersmum
    Participant

Hi Elaine

Good to hear your on the mend, we’ll have to arrange that shopping trip soon, or we’re going to be doing our christmas shopping before we know it.

Take care
    Love
    Lesley
    xxx

Ganny
    Participant

Hi Lesley,
    I have got to go back to St Richards to see what they can come up with over this “dumping syndrome”, on a very low/no carb diet now to see if that will help but as of today I am not getting so many attacks but I am still getting them, getting to the stage where I am frighten to eat anything because of the side effect food is giving me, not good, the weight is dropping off me as well and I can’t believe I am saying this but that is not good as well, I only really want to lose another stone and I have lost nearly half a stone in two weeks, getting slightly concerned about it now. We will have to arrange another shopping trip soon, I have already started Christmas shopping I am one of those strang people that start really early lol.
    Elaine xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

Elaine, will you do mine for me?! You are so organised :-))

Doodah x

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media