Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

dumping six years post op !!!!!!

Home ยป Topics ยป General Section ยป General Chat, Games & celebrations. ยป dumping six years post op !!!!!!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Deifersmum
    Participant

Help !!!! I’m six years post gb, my how the time flies, and over the last year I’ve been experiencing some odd “things”, for example feeling drunk despite not having had alcohol for months, which leads to week knees, I have actually collapsed in the street before now when this has suddenly come on. The doctor has sent me for untold tests but everything comes back clear, does anyone know if I am experiencing dumping syndrome or should I go back to gp for more investigation, this is starting to affect my everyday life now can’t eat out without worrying of it will affect me as I probably shouldn’t drive when in the middle of this, I also get very sleepy. Any help and advice would be appreciated. Thank you. Xxxxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Deifersmum 34979 wrote:

Help !!!! I’m six years post gb, my how the time flies, and over the last year I’ve been experiencing some odd “things”, for example feeling drunk despite not having had alcohol for months, which leads to week knees, I have actually collapsed in the street before now when this has suddenly come on. The doctor has sent me for untold tests but everything comes back clear, does anyone know if I am experiencing dumping syndrome or should I go back to gp for more investigation, this is starting to affect my everyday life now can’t eat out without worrying of it will affect me as I probably shouldn’t drive when in the middle of this, I also get very sleepy. Any help and advice would be appreciated. Thank you. Xxxxx

Hi my lovely – great to hear from you!

I would 100% suggest you see your GP for further investigation. Yes, you could be dumping still but only if you have eaten or drunk foods high in saturated fat and sugar. Are the episodes happening after such food/drink? Even if they are, it’s a pretty scary reaction – one I have not heard before – especially the one about feeling drunk despite not having had alcohol.

We can react quite bad to alcohol but only if we have actually had some. This seems to be affecting your quality of life in a major way so means further tests and investigations need to be done. So sorry to hear you are having such a rough time but glad that you have come here to ask for help.

Please let me know how you get on. What a shock to be experiencing this after 6 years? If you have not changed what and when you eat, it beggars the question: What the frilly heck is going on?

Doodah x

Deifersmum
    Participant

Hi Doodah, thanks for your reply and advice, I have had so many tests I’ve literally lost track from brain scans to so much blood work I,m surprised I have any left lol I am currently trying a low crab/clean food diet, cutting out all processed, prepackaged food and slowly I am starting to feel better but its early days and very difficult, making note of any food reactions, its almost like going back to the beginning again but I will certain go back to the gp if it doesn’t improve. what makes it harder is the fact that we only moved up to Runcorn just over a year ago and there doesn’t seem to be the post barbaric knowledge that I had access to in Kent, oh well I will keep going, I am trying to find a support group up here so if you or anyone on the forum know of one near Liverpool or Runcorn area I would love to hear from them.

Again thanks for the advice Doodah its good to be back and know your there.

Lots of love
    Lesley
    Xxxxx

Kimberly
    Participant

Bless you I hope you get sorted soon xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Deifersmum 34985 wrote:

Hi Doodah, thanks for your reply and advice, I have had so many tests I’ve literally lost track from brain scans to so much blood work I,m surprised I have any left lol I am currently trying a low crab/clean food diet, cutting out all processed, prepackaged food and slowly I am starting to feel better but its early days and very difficult, making note of any food reactions, its almost like going back to the beginning again but I will certain go back to the gp if it doesn’t improve. what makes it harder is the fact that we only moved up to Runcorn just over a year ago and there doesn’t seem to be the post barbaric knowledge that I had access to in Kent, oh well I will keep going, I am trying to find a support group up here so if you or anyone on the forum know of one near Liverpool or Runcorn area I would love to hear from them.

Again thanks for the advice Doodah its good to be back and know your there.

Lots of love
    Lesley
    Xxxxx

Hi again Lesley.

How frustrating that the bariatric knowledge seems to be underwhelming up there. It’s a beautiful part of the country but I do think that the South Coast and London are exceptionally knowledgable.

Going back to basics is no bad thing actually. I do it a couple of times a year just to see what my bypass is still capable of. It’s prompted by the fear that it might not ‘work’ anymore but it always does.

I’m really glad you have come here to ask for support. Things never seem quite as bad when you can share problems. I will ask around for you about a support group Runcorn way. They are invaluable. Don’t suffer in silence my lovely. See your GP if you have to and perhaps even think about bringing her/him up to speed on all things bariatric!

In the meantime, many of our support group members go to either Slimming World or Weight Watchers for support. Here is a list of the groups in your area:

http://www.healthcentre.org.uk/weight-loss-surgery/find-town-warrington.html

They are now very open to accepting people who have had wls. Hope this is helpful ๐Ÿ™‚
    Doodah x

Deifersmum
    Participant

Hi Doodah, that is very helpful thank you. I think I have found a support group very close to me which I am going to check out this afternoon and there are a few weight loss groups that meet regularly close by so going to check them as well. On a brighter note the low crab/clean food approach seems to be working, I had some mild symptoms yesterday but they past quickly, I now carry water with me all the time, not sure if it actually helps but I feel it flushes any ‘bad stuff’ out quicker, I don’t know that may be just psychological but hay it all helps. I have had a good week this week but taking it one day at a time.

For anyone reading this who is still in the decision making stage I just want to say that at no time do I regret having a gastric bypass it is still the best decision I ever made.

Doodah and Kimberley thank you again for you help and support it is invaluable.

Lots of love
    Lesley
    Xxxxxx

bikerchris
    Participant

Hi Lesley,

I live in Stockport and I’ve not found a support group here either. I travel to the Harrow group sometimes if i can make it coincide with a trip to London. If the group you mention is any good, let me know. Ive considered starting my own group but i’m not sure where to begin. There is a private hospital nearby that offers wls, i suppose i ought to approach them and ask if i can advertise to their patients.

Anyway, I reckon i’m about 30 miles from you, let me know if you fancy meeting for a coffee sometime. Christinemalaney@hotmail.com
    Chris x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@bikerchris 34990 wrote:

Hi Lesley,

I live in Stockport and I’ve not found a support group here either. I travel to the Harrow group sometimes if i can make it coincide with a trip to London. If the group you mention is any good, let me know. Ive considered starting my own group but i’m not sure where to begin. There is a private hospital nearby that offers wls, i suppose i ought to approach them and ask if i can advertise to their patients.

Anyway, I reckon i’m about 30 miles from you, let me know if you fancy meeting for a coffee sometime. Christinemalaney@hotmail.com
    Chris x

Chris, that is an excellent idea!

I started the South Coast one as I couldn’t get to the Harrow one as often as I would have liked to. It began at the Holiday Inn in Gunwharf Quays, Portsmouth (as you know) and is now at the Queen Alexandra Hospital, also in Pompey. So, your idea of approaching your local wls hospital is brilliant.

Lesley, I am so happy that you have found a support group near you. I know for a fact that they are a life line. I don’t think I could have got through the last couple of years without the lovely folk in the South Coast one. It’s the not having to explain things over and over that is so refreshing!

We need more support groups all over the UK. Obesity is not going anywhere any time soon unfortunately, so we all need to stick together when we finally make the decision to take back control of our lives ๐Ÿ˜‰

Doodah x

Deifersmum
    Participant

Hi Chris and Doodah,
    Chris I would love to meet up I will pm my phone number and we can make arrangements. I haven’t been able to get in touch with the support group yet but I will and will report back, I’m sure there are other on the same boat up here in the north west. Support groups are so important to continued success as I have experienced a bit of weight gain in the year since I’ve been up here as I have felt unsupported, I know the forum is here and you are all brilliant and so supportive but sometimes you want a reassuring hug from someone who knows, it will be lovely to meet up with Chris and we can go from there.

Lots of love
    Lesley
    Xxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Deifersmum 34994 wrote:

Hi Chris and Doodah,
    Chris I would love to meet up I will pm my phone number and we can make arrangements. I haven’t been able to get in touch with the support group yet but I will and will report back, I’m sure there are other on the same boat up here in the north west. Support groups are so important to continued success as I have experienced a bit of weight gain in the year since I’ve been up here as I have felt unsupported, I know the forum is here and you are all brilliant and so supportive but sometimes you want a reassuring hug from someone who knows, it will be lovely to meet up with Chris and we can go from there.

Lots of love
    Lesley
    Xxx

I could not agree with you more, Lesley. This forum is excellent and I love all the super supportive people on here but sometimes, you really do need an actual hug rather than a virtual one. I make a point of giving great big hugs to those who really need them at our group down here on the South Coast. I can literally feel the tension in them melt away. Not just my hugs, but from anyone. We humans are social animals and need physical interaction like we need air.

Please let me know if I can help in any way to get you get started up there. It’s such a great idea ๐Ÿ™‚

Doodah x

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media