Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Drs not seeing past obesity in patients

Home » Topics » General Section » Obesity & Weight Loss Surgery Debates and Media. » Drs not seeing past obesity in patients

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Lauren
    Keymaster

In treating obese patients, too often doctors can’t see past weight

Hi everyone

I thought I would post this as a reminder that some Doctors don’t see past a person’s weight when they seek help. Thank goodness for the team at Streamline – they make no pre judgement about people! It was such a relief to be treated like a person – not just an overweight body when I had my initial consultation with Shaw Somers.

I once had a GP who blamed everything on my weight – I mean everything! I was told that my hyperemesis gravidarum (the condition that floored The Duchess of Cambridge in both her pregnancies) was due to my weight. Yes, we all know that being overweight or obese is bad for our health, but how many people gain lots of excess weight on purpose?

Anyway, I just wanted to raise this topic for anyone who is frustrated at how their weight seems to be the only thing their Doctors are concerned about. Don’t let yourself be fobbed off if you think you have a serious health issue. Not EVERYTHING can be blamed on obesity.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media