Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Drinking enough liquids

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Blue Staffy

Hi I was wondering if anyone else found it difficult to drink the recommended 2lt of liquids a day at first I’m 5 weeks post op and I’m finding hard to drink that much.
    Regards Mark

Sent from my iPad using WLS FORUM

Clanceychick
    Blue Staffy wrote:
    Hi I was wondering if anyone else found it difficult to drink the recommended 2lt of liquids a day at first I’m 5 weeks post op and I’m finding hard to drink that much.
    Regards Mark

Sent from my iPad using WLS FORUM

Hi Mark

I’m the same as you and struggled with fluid intake, however I’m now 8 wks post op and in the last week or do have managed the 2 litres so don’t worry too much, it does get easier 🙂

Sarah x

Blue Staffy

It just seems impossible at the moment but glad it will get easyer.

Mark (Blue Staffy)

Doodah
    Keymaster

It does get easier. Don’t forget to include tea/coffee in that amount too ;-))

Doodah x

katy

Hi mark
    I found it soooo hard in the first few weeks to drink enough but now I pretty much have a cup or bottle surgically attached to my hand. I drink lots if tea and coffee although I try and drink the odd decaf as caffeine does dehydrate but if I have to much, I try and increase my water in take to balance it out. Try not to worry to my h, it’s early days and it takes a while to get used to all this new pipe work but you will definitely get there and then wonder why you worried so much!
    Take care
    Katy 🙂

Doodah
    Keymaster

Tea is as good as bottled water for keeping us hydrated – Telegraph

I just posted this on Facebook so thought I might pop it over here for you to read. I drink gallons of tea every day (ok, maybe not that much lol) because a) I love it and b) it keeps me hydrated!! If you are worried about the caffeine you can get good decaf these days ;-))

Doodah x

Blue Staffy

Never thought about tea and coffee thanks guys xx

Mark (Blue Staffy)

Doodah
    Keymaster

You’re welcome Blue. It’s why I love this place – all the info and ideas we all swap and share :-))

Doodah x

derlooker
    Participant

Hi there,

Great suggestions everyone.

I find it easiest to drink required amounts when using a sports type bottle.

As I am out and about a lot I keep a case of that type of bottle of still water in my car boot. I buy it at supermarket as cheapest. It can soon mount up when buying lots of drinks out and about.

I get through two cases per week (one in the car and one at home) water has become my favorite drink. Sounds very boring but keeps me hydrated. 🙂

Lisa

Sent from my iPhone using WLS FORUM

Funnily enough , the news today suggests that 2lt is too much (Are you drinking too much water? Millions chugging ‘excessive’ two litres a day are wasting their efforts | Mail Online) – Not sure what to think of it , but the fact that liquids are also found in food and non-water is a good reminder.

Remember that your pee needs to be light straw coloured too 😉

Doodah
    Keymaster

Great tip about the sports type bottle derlooker. I have nightmares with screw top bottles because of my arthritis!

Light straw coloured pee – sort of sounds like a Dulux colour haha! Don’t think it would catch on though ;-))

Doodah x

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media