Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Drink full fat milk to reduce diabetes risk

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Lauren
    Keymaster

Full-fat dairy ‘reduces risk of diabetes and helps you LOSE weight’ | Daily Mail Online

This article reveals the results of a study done that states: drinking full fat milk can reduce the risk of diabetes and obesity. There is just one problem for we wls (especially gastric bypass) folk – dumping syndrome.

I was given full fat milk in place of semi skimmed at a popular coffee outlet several years ago, when I was barely six months post op. My life, I knew something was wrong after about three mouthfuls! Bad form to substitute it without checking first in my opinion. Anyway, fast forward almost 8 years and I could quite happily drink small amounts of full fat milk as I also eat full fat cheese and butter. But very small amounts. I find they keep me fuller for longer and there is no compromise on Vit D.

What do you guys think? Should we reinstate free full fat milk into our schools (we all know who took them away!) I was a milk monitor at school, mainly because I got first dibs on any unclaimed ones! I wasn’t a big/overweight child and was fed full fat everything at home. My downfall was (and still is) sugar.

Doodah x

bikerchris
    Participant

For me it’s a balance between staying full and staying healthy. I have yoghurt every day for breakfast, if I have a low fat version, I get hungry again too quickly but the full fat version keeps me going til lunch. I use semi skimmed milk but if I have cheese then again I’d choose full fat, but that is mostly because low fat cheese is vile.

I always think of the adage “a little of what you fancy does you good”. These days, for the most part, I eat like a normal person, but my portions remain on the small side. Suits me

Chris

Lauren
    Keymaster

You do exactly what I do then really, Chris. Full fat cheese, yoghurt, butter etc. I don’t mind full fat milk on cereal but I can’t stand it in my tea anymore.

You look amazing. I’m so happy that you FEEL it too.

Doodah x

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media