Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Done

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    janie123

I all am now officially on the losers bench. Had op yesterday and home tomorrow

janie123

Hey Tina, didn’t we do well xxx

Nettie

Well done, take it nice and easy xx

Sammy39

Welcome! I’m so glad you are on the mend. Keep in touch. Sammy

janie123

Have had to stay in an extra night as I have got a temparature

Nettie

You are in the best place, hope you feel better tomorrow

Nettie xx

janie123

Thankyou xxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hi Janie

How’s things today? Hope you are well on your way to going home.

Doodah x

janie123

Hi doodad, came home yesterday(Sunday) apparently it must be my bodies way of dealing with its repair, still feel fine. Glad to be home but have been really cared for by the staff at chichester and am really grateful to them.
    Janie

Sammy39

How’s it going Janie?

Lauren
    Keymaster

I had my bypass at Chichester and I cannot emphasise enough just how fantastic the team is there. They were so kind and non judgmental. Wish I could have stayed a bit longer in a way!!!

Doodah x

janie123
    Sammy39 wrote:
    How’s it going Janie?

Hi Sammy, now ten days post op and I think I’m doing fine. Have had no pain since leaving hospital and have been managing to follow dietitians instructions. Had a little trouble getting enough fluids for the first few days but have now got into a routine so managing my two litres per day.
    What have you had done and how are you doing?
    Janie xx.

Sammy39

Hi Janie that’s good news. I had a band on the 6th May and have struggled with hunger mainly! I have 4 mls in my band so it’s early days yet. I have put weight on this week despite feeling very hungry, sticking to my calorie count and exercising. So dispondent is perhaps pretty apt! I’m looking forward to that full feeling I keep hearing about! I’m do glad to hear you are well and comfy! Sammy

janie123

Hi Sammy, when do you get your next fill
    Janie xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Sammy39 24398 wrote:

Hi Janie that’s good news. I had a band on the 6th May and have struggled with hunger mainly! I have 4 mls in my band so it’s early days yet. I have put weight on this week despite feeling very hungry, sticking to my calorie count and exercising. So dispondent is perhaps pretty apt! I’m looking forward to that full feeling I keep hearing about! I’m do glad to hear you are well and comfy! Sammy

I’m sure all the bandsters on here will tell you that they are the tortoises in the ‘race’ for a new, happier and healthier life and that the bypassers are the hares! Please just trust the surgery and go with the flow. You WILL get there. If you stick to the guidlines and stay positive, it will happen.

It’s human nature to want things to happen quickly but there are many things in life you simply cannot rush. That in itself is a lesson well learnt don’t you think? ‘Good things come to those who wait’ is such a wise old saying. It’s hard to believe it in today’s ‘have it now’ society. The longer you take to learn how to live your post op life, the easier it will become the new way.

Keep going and trust the surgery 😉

Doodah x

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media