Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Does weight loss results in weakness?

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » Health & Exercise » Does weight loss results in weakness?

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi Friends..
    I want to loose my weight.But I I afraid about fitness..If I try to take less food,i can be weak and can’t be fit..What Should I do..I am little confuse about my diet plan..Please help me..

ruby tuesday

Hi Sophia, have you had surgery then? I don’t think less food is the answer if it makes you feel weak, you just need to make sure you make better choices of nutritional food. If you have had surgery, speak to your bariatric team and if not your doctor for advice about eating healthily. best wishes

hi sophie,
    tHIS IS ONE OF THE CONCERNS i HAVE.i HAD BYPASS almost 30 months ago so have gone passed the stages where you can only eat a little bit of food
    but in order to not gain my weight back I MUST keep to a very small amount of food as if i go over 1000 calories daily I actually gain weight.Even though I have lost 13 stones I am still a very large woman at 18 and a half stones and my bmi is still 41 and you are correct I do feel weak and tired and my excesize really leaves me exhausted as i am too big to survive on only 1000 calories daily. I am being re ferred to my surgeon as even my gp thinks i should not be this big 30 months post bypass so you are quite right to think about this-as pre bypass I had no idea that this could happen.
    hOWEVER,I stress that this doesnt seem to happen to many on this forum(although it is common in former super obese patients) so this is only MY OWN experience.
    My bypass has saved my life and I would do it again tomorrow x

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi Sophia and welcome

So sorry to hear you are not feeling 100% about wls. Can you tell us where and when you had it and which type of surgery? It’s not clear whether you are scared to HAVE the surgery or you have had it and are now feeling weak.

As a former super-morbidly obese person before my own wls (BMI 64) I can assure you that it isn’t usual for anyone to feel weak: in fact it’s just the opposite. I have more energy now than I ever did. I still have some chronic medical problems I had before, but I’m still alive! Please keep in touch and let us know a bit more about what it is you are scared of.

Doodah x

betty boo

I am three months post op and i feel weak all the time, i could sleep all day. I am having problems with foods i can eat so maybe i am not eating enough. I have lost 3 stone and i am very pleased with that however i dont ever feel 100 percent. Food tastes and smells stronger, i can feel sick just looking at it, i am sick at least once a day and my stomach just churns and feels very uncomfortable. Maybe things will improve in time.

mandyl

hi bb
    they will improve i felt like you for ages. then last year i cycled 40 miles compared to 09 when i could barely manage 1. x

Doodah
    Keymaster

@betty boo 17460 wrote:

I am three months post op and i feel weak all the time, i could sleep all day. I am having problems with foods i can eat so maybe i am not eating enough. I have lost 3 stone and i am very pleased with that however i dont ever feel 100 percent. Food tastes and smells stronger, i can feel sick just looking at it, i am sick at least once a day and my stomach just churns and feels very uncomfortable. Maybe things will improve in time.

Betty, you need to go and see your GP and tell her/him what’s happening. You should not really be feeling so bad. Don’t suffer in silence.

Doodah x

Fenella
    betty boo wrote:

6 weeks not 3 months Betty! Even more impressive weight loss (for those who don’t know we were in together) i’m sure I’ve lost nothing like that will know on 21st. I’m surprised Shaw was relaxed about it as that is an awful lot to lose in a short time especially as you were never super obese so no wonder you feel weak. Are you taking and keeping down your multi vitamin and calcium with vitamin D supplements? And are you getting protein from what you can hold down? Can you eat soups? I could send you some really easy high protein soup recipes? Worried about you as I know you have so much on your plate too and wish I wasn’t so far away. Maybe you should ask to see him again (on 21st please!) as you can’t survive on nothing!

Love
    Fenella
    X

Anonymous

Hi Sophia,

What a wonderful question.
    In many ways their will never be an answer apart from you own individual experiences.
    With dramatic weightloss there will be a certain ammount of muscle loss too….

This is why its important to try to excercise as much as you can, whenever you can, It would probably help with excess loos skin as you tone up.
    The trouble is energy levels at times will be low, so depending how far out you are is where you need to concentrate on foods that will sustain the energy levels you need….. A bananna before you work out is always a good source….

Do ask the questions to your team, as if your wanting to increase your exercise their might be some high protien drinks that will help….

Getting your diet right is important…

Trouble is with so little going in its so easy to feel deflated and out of sorts….. dehydration is a worry too so I would suggest looking for a hydraing protien drink to give you that little bit more.
    I am by far from proffesional its mearly my opinion…..:)

I hope that gives you some ideas..

All the best as you adventure on….

Andy aka BUZZ

Sally Bailey
    Participant

I’ll pop this over into the pre-weight loss surgery section, but let us know if it would be more appropriate in a different section such as ‘post weight loss surgery’ ‘Gastric Band/Bypass’ etc.

Thanks x

Anonymous

I think weakness is depend on the diet program, if we chose right program for
    weight loss we may avoid weakness and can loss weight rapidly.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media