Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Does anyone Hello Fresh?

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Vickster

We found a really good introductory offer on Groupon, and had friends that have raved over it, so we tried it this week. Had a delivery yesterday and I was really, really impressed. Really lovely, good quality organic food, everything measured out for you in the right sizes, with beautiful recipe cards showing you how to cook the meal. This very much appeals to my OCD!
    So, we have decided to give it a go for a few weeks. It means that while I am on the meal diet and then recovering, there will be lovely things in the fridge for my hubster, and then when things have settled, I can just nab a little from his plate! So it will be £39 for three meals for two people, but in effect they will last longer than that, and the best bit…no waste!! The meals seem to vary from 400 – 600 calories and are all nutritionally balanced.
    I just wondered if anyone else had used them, and how it fitted in for you?

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Vickster 34212 wrote:

We found a really good introductory offer on Groupon, and had friends that have raved over it, so we tried it this week. Had a delivery yesterday and I was really, really impressed. Really lovely, good quality organic food, everything measured out for you in the right sizes, with beautiful recipe cards showing you how to cook the meal. This very much appeals to my OCD!
    So, we have decided to give it a go for a few weeks. It means that while I am on the meal diet and then recovering, there will be lovely things in the fridge for my hubster, and then when things have settled, I can just nab a little from his plate! So it will be £39 for three meals for two people, but in effect they will last longer than that, and the best bit…no waste!! The meals seem to vary from 400 – 600 calories and are all nutritionally balanced.
    I just wondered if anyone else had used them, and how it fitted in for you?

I’ve never heard of it but what a super idea! There is a whole generation of young people out there who have no clue how to cook a meal from scratch – this is ideal! Would be great for older people too. It’s not all about weight – good nutrition and health is the ultimate goal in life isn’t it?

https://www.hellofresh.co.uk/st-sem/?gclid=CjwKEAjwluetBRD98L639p35p0QSJACC8BlKLVky1QVx39GChIwxP6WDxf0fRz4nBzXydFyKLtZiZRoCSUHw_wcB

I have included the link here for anyone who might be interested in it. Cheers Vickster – nice one 🙂

Doodah x

Vickster

If anyone is interested, I have a voucher code that gives you your first box half price, or something like that. And the Groupon offer was brilliant, £19 for five meals for two people! I didn’t think we would use it again as I thought it seemed quite expensive, but actually on balance I think it is worth it.

One of my reasons for wanting surgery was so that it gives me the opportunity to establish a new and different relationship with food, and this sounds like the perfect way to embrace this.

I think it would be brilliant for older people, and I think I might get a box sent to my Mum and Dad at some point, they get stuck in a rut of eating the same things over and over, as you do…

Thanks for sharing the link!

Lauren
    Keymaster

What a kind and thoughtful daughter you are x

Vickster

Aw thanks Doodah, that means an awful lot. I have two sisters, the youngest one being sixteen years older than me, who I get on with brilliantly. The older one, yep, don’t get me started! She treats my parents terribly and yet they always go running back for more, I know that she is their daughter and that they will always stand by her, but it is really hard as a daughter to sit back and watch someone treat your parents that badly!
    Sorry for mini rant!

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Vickster 34224 wrote:

Aw thanks Doodah, that means an awful lot. I have two sisters, the youngest one being sixteen years older than me, who I get on with brilliantly. The older one, yep, don’t get me started! She treats my parents terribly and yet they always go running back for more, I know that she is their daughter and that they will always stand by her, but it is really hard as a daughter to sit back and watch someone treat your parents that badly!
    Sorry for mini rant!

No apologies needed! This is a place where ranting is actively encouraged!

I’m ten years older than my Sister but luckily, we are very close. She is a completely different character to me but we have the same views and opinions on family life. I can’t imagine how hard it is to see a family member take your parents for granted. At least you can know in your heart that you are a fabulous daughter 🙂

Doodah x

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media