Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Does anyone ever regret having their surgery?

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » The Gastric Bypass Operation » The Gastric Bypass- 6 months & beyond » Does anyone ever regret having their surgery?

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    derlooker
    Participant

I have really enjoyed reading everyone’s replies to this thread. It is helping me thru the pre op diet. X

Deifersmum
    Participant

Hi derlooker

How far along are you on the pre op diet? I know it’s hard, we’ve all been there and are with you ever step of the way but, look at this way, its the beginning of the rest of your amazing, fantastic new life, hang in there believe me, it just gets better and better.

What date is your op? whenever it is we’re thinking of you and keep us posted on your progress can’t wait to meet you on the losers bench.

Take care

Lesley
    xxx

derlooker
    Participant

Hi Lesley. I have 13 days to go. Bypass on 30 November at St Richards. Paid yesterday so there is no going back now!!! Thank you for your lovely message. X

derlooker
    Participant

Pooh. By the way. My name is Lisa.

derlooker
    Participant

Ok must proof read messages. I mention. Oooh not pooh

Sent from my iPhone using WLS FORUM

Doodah
    Keymaster

@derlooker 20558 wrote:

Ok must proof read messages. I mention. Oooh not pooh

Sent from my iPhone using WLS FORUM

Hahahaha!! That made me laugh out loud!! 🙂 xx

luckyflower

yes me too!! by the way Lisa well done on making decision not long to go now, all the best

Clarabella

Reading all these comments brought tears to my eyes! This really is an emotional journey isn’t it!! I’m hoping to have my bypass before Christmas and lots of thoughts running through my mind… I know there will be no looking back once I’ve had the op but it’s hard waiting isn’t it?! X

Deifersmum
    Participant

Hi Lisa

Great news on your date, it will soon come round and St Richards is great, the staff there are lovely, say hi to Andrea for me, she, like the rest of the team are absolutely fantastic. Its the best decision, hard while in the process of making it but, once done I felt like a weight had been lifted, don’t know is anyone else felt like that but for it it was just like that.

Don’t forget, we’re here for any questions, last minute jitters or for that midnight question you just can’t get out of your head, someone is usually having a case of insomnia on here and I know I got a lot of my questions/concerns answered at really stupid o’clock. Anyway, congrats on your date, not long now.

Take care
    Love
    Lesley
    xxx

luckyflower

Clarabella, its a great place here and as already said any last minute wobbles we are prepared for because we all have been there and supported through them!

Clarabella

Thanks luckyflower! I’m so excited, booked for 16th December! Christmas is going to be so hard this year so I have to focus on the future and the new slim me.. Everyone on here has done so well I am getting so much from reading About all the success stories. Absolutely amazing!! X

ruby tuesday

Dear Clarabella, just think, the New Year will bring a whole new you, what an exciting thought! I wish you all the best for the 16th, and look forward to hearing about your weight loss journey. x

78rpm

A bit of a late reply form me but very glad to see you are going ahead I think it was the best thing I have ever done I had my bypass on 30/3/11 and have lost 85kg so far and have to agree with all of the comments about being back in control being able to shop for “normal” sizes the amount of energy I have rediscovered and my positive attitude and my self respect and most of all the fantastic new friends I have made with people who have been through this experience and provided support and help all of the way. It is all to come for you it will be very worth it!

Jay

Kirsty

Hi all. This is my very first comment I have made. I had my surgery just over 6 weeks ago so still early days and the only regret I have is that I didn’t do it sooner!! It’s the best feeling when your clothes are too big and I am already shopping in High st stores which is amazing. I am the happiest I think I have ever been! The worst part for me was the pre op milk diet, the rest has been a breeze, Like I said though it’s still early days for me, but go for it!!
    Kirsty xxx

Doodah
    Keymaster

@Kirsty 20611 wrote:

Hi all. This is my very first comment I have made. I had my surgery just over 6 weeks ago so still early days and the only regret I have is that I didn’t do it sooner!! It’s the best feeling when your clothes are too big and I am already shopping in High st stores which is amazing. I am the happiest I think I have ever been! The worst part for me was the pre op milk diet, the rest has been a breeze, Like I said though it’s still early days for me, but go for it!!
    Kirsty xxx

Hi Kirsty and welcome to the losers bench!

It warms my heart to hear how happy you are already. This time next year, you might not actually be a millionaire, but you will feel like one! Everything about you will be lighter: your body, heart and mind.

Thanks for your fab upbeat post. It will be an inspiration for those who are waiting for their surgery.

Doodah xx

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media