Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

does anyone drink coke etc??

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Just wondered if anybody manages it? i would love a pepsi max right now? can we not have it because it does damage or because the bubbles make you uncomfortable? anyone ever drink it flat? X

Anonymous

Hi! i was told that the gas will stretch our stomach and that is not what we want to happen. plus the gas hurts!! Also there is a LOT of sugar in any soda so it is not a good idea to drink it. I am also dying for some diet coke or anything with that fizziness in it but am not willing to have my stomach stretched or have that pain!

Does it still stretch if you drink it when its gone flat? Diet coke would that be ok?? xx ps thanks for replying

Anonymous

Hurts….. understatement….. I thought I was going to blow up….
    I have had flat coke since no problem but its just not the same, diet coke is actually quite sickly.

So in my opinion….. dont do gas or fizz but if your really desperate try a little flat, its nothing more than flavoured water, just the sweeteners might cause some type of dumping…..

Buzz x

Brains

Hi

I hate to say but in the last two weeks I have had a barcardi and coke (let it go flat before drinking it) as was at a party.
    Naughty but nice!! I had no pain and no dumping. But I am not recommending anyone drink it. Probably will have another over Christmas but this would be a massive treat after 6 months of being a perfect bypass patient xx

Precious

I have coke with ice and lemon in it, and i think the vodka must also flatten it maybe. i have had a few during the course of an evening getting a wee tipsy too lol. I dont have a problem with it, but then again I dont have a problem with anything!!! and I mean everything, like bread, steak, chocolate I can eat the lot. Obviously in moderation and sensibly, but I think I am one of the lucky ones…..oh actually I can’t eat peanut butter, i dump on it, tried it again the other day, and even 6 months post op i still dumped.
    Good luck
    xxxx

CarerQuie

I was told it was a definite ‘no-no’ and I’ve stuck to that. xx

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media