Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Disorganised!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    jansus28

I am day 16 post op and have started going out and about! I soon realised that I was disorganised with my food!

I had brought along done things all in different containers and in together in a bag! A bit here and a bit there! Then I did not feel like eating before I knew it I was at lunch time feeling faint not having and breakfast! My lunch did not go down very well as my stomach was tense as I was stressed!

Well I know what I need to do now! Small and large cool bag!! Cook meals in advance and try to be organised! A bit worried as back to work next week!

But I know I will just have to learn as I go along!

hypnothink

I’m getting better, but a bit scared to eat new things when out” just on case”. My first week at work was disorganised as I didn’t know what I’d fancy etc, yes I took lots of bits and I think someone on here said keep an emergency snack box in the car! I certainly needed it. I’m week 4 and it’s getting better.

jansus28

Thanks for that I am not the only one then!!!

rubybling

I am getting really bored with the pureed stuff. I was hoping I could eat soft scrambled eggs but I was told by the dietician yesterday to stick to pureed food still for another 2 weeks! I have been eating mashed veg etc done with a back of a fork, but I should really have been pureeing it still. Hope I haven’t stretched my pouch, paranoid about that.

Any ideas on what we can keep in our emergency snack box in the car?

I am off on a day trip and will be out and about the whole day with no cooking facilities, so I am not sure what I can take with me for my meals at this stage. I know the others with me will be eating junk food, but I don’t lnow what I can do. Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Laughing cow triangles I found good as they are smooth. Maybe make up porridge. I eat cold porridge as no microwave at work- ready brek is good on purer stage xx

Also maybe a flask with a latte in. I bought a kiddies cool box and big ice block thing. Goes everywhere with me when I know there’s no fridge xxxx

hypnothink

Small flask of soup.

rubybling

Thank you for the suggestions, I will take some soup, a latte and some cheese triangles and that will keep me going for the day.
    Great ideas!

jansus28

Thank you everyone I can try them too!!!

Lauren
    Keymaster

Love this place. How we all help and encourage each other. Great to be back xx

jansus28

Hi every one thought I would say I am a bit more organised!!!! Doing well had my six week check up with Mr Somers and he team! Passed with flying colours and have lost 3 stone post op 6 weeks! Have still not had a blood pressure tablets since day of surgery and feel great! Thank you all for all the support!

Floyd

wow, well done you!

hypnothink

Well done you! I had to cancel my check up due to exams this week, so it’ll be a 12 week check up!

Lauren
    Keymaster

@jansus28 25445 wrote:

Hi every one thought I would say I am a bit more organised!!!! Doing well had my six week check up with Mr Somers and he team! Passed with flying colours and have lost 3 stone post op 6 weeks! Have still not had a blood pressure tablets since day of surgery and feel great! Thank you all for all the support!

Fantastic result!! Well done indeed. You must be absolutely thrilled with yourself and quite rightly so!!

Doodah x

jansus28

Thank u Doodah I am do happy but finding it hard on what to eat!!! Xxx

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media