Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

discomfort at port site

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    cazza

Hi Banders

Has anyone suffered from constant discomfort at their port site?

I had to have my port re done last Oct due to needle stick damage as there was a leak and no re striction since then there is a constant achy pain especially when I lean forward or on my left side but it is there all the time.

I have meantioned this a couple of time to the nurse and she she oh it’s probably just rubbing on something then a couple of weeks ago when I went back I said about it again she had a feel and said that it’s against my rib even just sitting the discomfort is there it’s kind of like a stitch or i’ve been punched in my rib feeling and constant.

Has anyone else suffered this if so what can be done as I have already said to the nurse a few times and it was down to her keep missing the port it happened the place that it had to be re done.

Cazza

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hi Cazza

Sorry to hear you are struggling a bit.

May I ask where you had your surgery?

Doodah x

hides

Hi cazza

I’ve been away for a few days, so just catching up on threads.
    So sorry to read about your discomfort and i hope you have spoke to someone in your support team by now. I haven’t had any problems with my port since my op last oct. i know that different surgeons place the port in different areas, mine is around my breast bone, so it is under my bra line by about an 1″ . However another friend of mine has hers almost on her hip/stomach area, and she said hers can play up from time to time.

Offers you no help but please dont suffer and get in touch with someone. Keep us posted.

Best wishes
    Heidi. X

cazza

Hi Doodah
    I had it done at St Richards Shaw did the 1st one then I had to have the port re done in october it was again under Shaw but he had like a trainee person (can’t remember the exact name term the use) with him who I think actually did the op as I had him come around to do the consent form and then he came around afterwards with Shaw he was going to send me home the same day but Shaw said no the following day.

cazza

Lauren
    Keymaster

@cazza 24797 wrote:

Hi Doodah
    I had it done at St Richards Shaw did the 1st one then I had to have the port re done in october it was again under Shaw but he had like a trainee person (can’t remember the exact name term the use) with him who I think actually did the op as I had him come around to do the consent form and then he came around afterwards with Shaw he was going to send me home the same day but Shaw said no the following day.

cazza

Hi Cazza

How are you today? Any easier? If not, then I really think you should ask to speak to a senior member of the team. Make sure you tell whoever answers the phone that it is an ongoing problem for you which hasn’t been resolved by seeing the nurse.

Hope you get some help asap.

Doodah x

cazza

Thanks Doodah some days are better than others I went down and had 0.5ml fill on Tuesday and suffered stomach ache for 3 days which has finally settled today as I had 1ml taken out about 3 wks ago due to me keep vomiting mucus each time I ate but then it left me with no restriction but having 0.5 back in hasnt made much difference either. I think I may try and speak to Shaw Sommers about it.

Cazza

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hi Cazza.

How are things now? Hope they have improved hon. Did you manage to speak to Shaw?

Doodah x

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media