Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Diet Coke

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #30589
    karenb
    Member

    Hi guys xx

    Hope you are all well xx

    Right first day of milk diet today and got a question…….. Whilst i understand that after the op i cannot touch fizzy drinks, how about my milk diet? can i have diet coke? big huggs to everyone xxxx.

    #42579
    Jaysee
    Member

    You can have diet fizzy drinks as long as they contain less than 7 calories per 300ml (it says on the sheet) so diet coke and pepsi is ok. Ive tried not to have too much but a small glass a couple of times a day should be fine Karen x

    #42578
    karenb
    Member

    Thanks honey xxxx.

    #42582
    Ganny
    Participant

    I know I don’t start my milk diet until next month but one question, can I make coffee with milk and have that say at breakfast time? xx

    #42580
    Jaysee
    Member

    You can Ganny, thats what Ive been doing. I love coffee made with milk so Ive been having a large one for breakfast, another for lunch and one in the evening with a little bit of sweetener even though I dont normally have sugar in my coffee/tea.

    #42583
    Ganny
    Participant

    Thanks for that, I love coffee made with milk so that is what I will do plus I will make milk jelly as well, I am hoping that I won’t have a problem with it I think it will be the head hunger to start with that will be a problem just will need to keep busy lol.
    Elaine xx

    #42575
    Lorraine
    Member

    You might find that having to drink 4 pints of milk a day is quite hard and hunger doesn’t come in to it. Milk fills you up loads. The problem I had was that 4 pints was more than I could manage even though I love milk.

    All the best
    Lorraine

    #42576
    Helen
    Member

    they say the milk you put in tea and coffee is included within your four pints. With coffee the smell of ‘proper’ coffee (cafeteria etc) but don’t like drinking it.

    As you’re on the milk diet just becareful about constipation. As o suffered BIG time with.

    Good luck….

    #42572
    Ms Ellie
    Member

    @Helen 12635 wrote:

    they say the milk you put in tea and coffee is included within your four pints. With coffee the smell of ‘proper’ coffee (cafeteria etc) but don’t like drinking it.

    As you’re on the milk diet just becareful about constipation. As o suffered BIG time with.

    Good luck….

    On the other hand when I was on the milk diet I ” touched cloth” that often that I had to stop taking milk and go on a low carb diet!!!

    #42577
    Helen
    Member

    @Ms Ellie 12636 wrote:

    On the other hand when I was on the milk diet I ” touched cloth” that often that I had to stop taking milk and go on a low carb diet!!!

    HAHA… 🙂 🙂

    Well, we should have ‘got together’ and both our bowel problems would’ve been ok. 🙂

    #42585
    laurahill
    Member

    Diet coke are beneficial for losing weight.Diet coke reduces almost 480 to 3000 calories burn in a week.I drink almost 3 cans of diet coke.

    #42573
    Ms Ellie
    Member

    @laurahill 13062 wrote:

    Diet coke are beneficial for losing weight.Diet coke reduces almost 480 to 3000 calories burn in a week.I drink almost 3 cans of diet coke.

    For post oppers it’s advisable that you DON’T drink diet coke or any other fizzy drinks!

    #42574
    SuzieQ
    Member

    @Ganny 12620 wrote:

    Thanks for that, I love coffee made with milk so that is what I will do plus I will make milk jelly as well, I am hoping that I won’t have a problem with it I think it will be the head hunger to start with that will be a problem just will need to keep busy lol.
    Elaine xx

    Hi Elaine
    I’ve been having my lunch milk as milky coffee but using a decaff one, love it! I’ve also used the crusha no added sugar milkshake syrup too. Not sure how to make the milk jelly so only having the sugar free jelly on it’s own so if you know how to make it please let me know 🙂 The other thing I have done with my coffee as I have a vanilla shot in my work ones so I’ve found the vanilla extract (with no sugar) and added a few drops of that just to have a change.
    Aa for head hunger I agree that is sometimes something that pops up and thats when I use one of my 3 sticks of sugar free gum, I’ve found that using that after a shake helps. Definately keeping busy…doing a bit of spring cleaning with my daughter in my bedroom so it’s nice a fresh for when I get back.
    I also thought I’d hate the bovril but I love it!! reminds me of chicken noddle soup.
    Good luck.
    glitterfy0153523T838D31.gif X

    #42587
    Arvel
    Member

    Hi Jaysee,
    Just started my milk diet. I also have a question for you.
    Can I use strawberries with diet milk? I just want to improve taste and because I want to stick with my diet plan,
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

    #42586
    Paul
    Member

    @karenb 12610 wrote:

    Hi guys xx

    Hope you are all well xx

    Right first day of milk diet today and got a question…….. Whilst i understand that after the op i cannot touch fizzy drinks, how about my milk diet? can i have diet coke? big huggs to everyone xxxx.

    Hi guys,,,
    You have posted two questions.
    My answer to your first question is that you cannot use the fizzy drinks at all.
    Yeah you can use the diet coke as well as pepsi.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Search Forums

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media