Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Diary

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    hypnothink

I’ve had my pre op today and it was recommended I start a daily record of food intake after surgery. She said to look on bariatric resources and they have a diary? But i dont have web address. Anyone got details or an App I can use? Any general comments on this matter?

My fitness pal. Brill but it does record cals which some people don’t like. I like it cos it’s in my pocket all the time … I’m surgically attached to my phone… I also have other WLS friends on there and we encourage each other xxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

New App Counts Calories Through Photos Of Food : Discovery News

How fab is this one!? Just take a pic of your plate and it will tell you the nutritional content of the food on it!!

I don’t count calories but ou can always ignore that part I guess…?

Doodah x

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by Lauren.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by clare.williams.

Now that sounds cool! I’m gonna download it right now!!’ x

Lauren
    Keymaster

How’s the app Squeaky? Any good?

Doodah x

Heya not tried it yet!!! Been a bit poorly do not been eating like normal … I’ll start today as I’m feeling a whole lot better xxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better. Take it easy – it’s not a race: it’s the rest of your life 😉

Doodah x

Well I looked into it… Fun but For me it was a bit vague as it gave you a rough idea of cals etc in quite a wide range… I prefer my more specific diary but that’s just me. For some it may be a grat way to record food diary… Everyone’s different! X

Lauren
    Keymaster

Actually, it wasn’t that brilliant after all really. Never mind, you live and learn eh? When I kept a food diary, I actually used a carbon stylus and lined velum – good old pencil and paper haha! I found that the ritual of setting it down on paper and thinking about what I was writing made me more aware of everything I had consumed during the day. It appealed to me as I’m a part-time writer but everyone should find their own favourtite way, as therein lies success.

Doodah x

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media