Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Deifersmum’s Weight Loss Journey

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Deifersmum
    Participant

Hi All

Well her I am, three days post op and excited about the rest of my life, yes I’m a little apprehensive, I’ve got a whole new lifestyle to adopt, food wise that is, a very supportive hubby and lots of will power.

Everyone in St Richards was fantastic, Chris Pring was lovely, the anthestetist, (can’t spell it) wasn’t bad either, for all of you going in say hi to Andrea, Tracey, Michell and Veronica and all the other staff on the bay, they are fantastic and couldn’t be more help, sympathic or supportive, thanks to those lovely people the transition is made a lot easier.

Elaine, I hope you are less windy and that you slept last night!!!!

Sonia, if you’ve just loged on good luck

Take care and I’ll let you all know how I get on.

Take care and thanks to all you guys for all your help, support, encouragement and advice over the last seven months, you guys have been my rock.

I’m on the losers bench, yippee!!!!!!!! :flypig:

Lots of love to you all

Lesley
    xxx

Helen

Well Done Lesley…. You old LOSER!!!!

Shell we say ‘Alot of the females rather like Chris’……. If you get my drift!!!! 😉 😉

well done my lovely
    I’m not a ”chris” gal
    Shaw through and through xxx

Helen

well, as i work at St Richards and see Shaw, Guy and Chris around the place, virtually everyday. I just see them as Guy, Shaw and Chris doing a job.even though they do a brilliant job. I see them as human beings first.

Guy done my operation for me. Quite scary that he’s seen what i look like inside.

Irene

Hi Lesley,
    Welcome to the losers bench.
    Sorry I missed you at the hospital, got there about 20 mins after you left. Elaine was looking good.
    Take it easy.

@Helen 13535 wrote:

well, as i work at St Richards and see Shaw, Guy and Chris around the place, virtually everyday. I just see them as Guy, Shaw and Chris doing a job.even though they do a brilliant job. I see them as human beings first.

Guy done my operation for me. Quite scary that he’s seen what i look like inside.

Well of course they ARE human beings first….
    Human beings just doing their jobs as you say
    but as human beings doing their jobs they saved my(and hundreds more) lives
    So still rather special to me on my op day -today-and everyday I am here…thanks to them
    xxxxx

Jaysee

Glad you are doing well and cant agree more with your comments about the staff at Chichester. *swoon @ Chris Pring lol xxx

Candy

Hi Lesley

hope you are going on ok? remember to take it easy, hope you are managing to eat and drink ok and soon you will be on that shopping spree

take care love
    Denise XXx

Helen

Hee Hee. When I was in, the lady (who had her op the same day as me). Thought he was gorgrous aswell

Helen

@stilltryingsohard 13555 wrote:

Well of course they ARE human beings first….
    Human beings just doing their jobs as you say
    but as human beings doing their jobs they saved my(and hundreds more) lives
    So still rather special to me on my op day -today-and everyday I am here…thanks to them
    xxxxx

They are BRILLIANT at their jobs. They have helped many thousands of people get their lives back. But you can say that about ALL doctors and nurses. It felt strange for me being cared fore by people I see alot of my time.

A bit like you seeing someone at work and telling them you medicial history and them doing your operation. Even though they cannot breach confidentuality etc.

They help people get their lives back. Just like the Cardiologist/Physio/Stroke doctors.

When you work in the NHS/hospital enviroment you see them around the hospital. You see them ‘turn on’ the charm for the patients and then ‘turn off’ the charm afterwards.

Deifersmum
    Participant

Hi All

Well, it’s done, my first visit to Chichester post op, very pleased with the results, I’ve lost 2 and a half stone since my assessment day on 28th January, I am sooooo pleased with myself that I wanted to share it with you all, as you’ve all helped me so much over the past few months.

I had my first family event at the weekend and, even better than dealing with that successfully, I got a dress on that I bought 5 years ago and, although it fitted me at the time it hasn’t since and, on Saturday it just slipped on and, although I say so myself I looks good and felt even better when every one said how good I looked, ( a bit of blowing my own trumpet there but hey a girls got to do what a girls got to do!!!!) :dance:

Speak to you all again soon, take care and to all those who are waiting to go to their first 6 weeker, don’t worry, it’s a doddle.

Lots of love

Lesley
    xx

:bounce:

batesy

Well done you, it’s so fantastic when friends and family can see the difference. lol Batesy xx

JennyLeanne

Well done to you, what a great loss so far. its great when you start to get positive comments 🙂

Deifersmum
    Participant

Hi JennyLeanne and Batesy

Thanks for your lovely comments, it is nice to get compliments, all the more so because nobody else seems to have noticed but, as my daughter says ‘it’s subtle mum, don’t worry’, she’s such a wise girl, don’t know where I got her from… just got lucky I guess!!!!

Anyway, thanks again.

Take care
    Love
    Lesley
    xx

Renn

Great post and very positive for newbies. Well done on your achievement. Glad you enjoyed the family do too.
    Hope to meet you myself one day soon.
    Bye Renn (Madeleine)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media