Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Deal, Kent Meet up

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Deifersmum
    Participant

Dear All, I don’t know about anyone else but I am struggling with my weight loss. I am three years post gastric bypass and feel out of control. With that in mind I wondered if anyone out there, in the Deal/Dover area, who has had weight loss surgery, thinking about having WLS would like to meet up for a cup of coffee and a chat one afternoon, if anyone is interested please PM me and we can arrange to meet up.

Looking forward to meeting you.

Love
    Lesley
    xxx

treeza

Hi Leslie I’m so sorry your feeling this way. I wish I did live closer to you because I’d most certainly meet you for a coffee & a chat x is there no support group near you that you could join? I really hope things turn around for you soon Hun. Keep coming on here & letting us know how your getting on xxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Deifersmum 32186 wrote:

Dear All, I don’t know about anyone else but I am struggling with my weight loss. I am three years post gastric bypass and feel out of control. With that in mind I wondered if anyone out there, in the Deal/Dover area, who has had weight loss surgery, thinking about having WLS would like to meet up for a cup of coffee and a chat one afternoon, if anyone is interested please PM me and we can arrange to meet up.

Looking forward to meeting you.

Love
    Lesley
    xxx

Hi Lesley

I so hope you find people to join you for a chat where you live. How about putting a shout out on Facebook (if you are public about your surgery?) There must be loads of people on there who live in your area, have had wls and are looking for people to talk to. Just a thought.

Doodah x

Deifersmum
    Participant

Hi Doodah, thanks for your kind words, its like having a big virtual hug, it’s nice to know that there is someone who understands. I think I’m almost there, my hubby and me had a big chat yesterday, there was an article in the daily mail about a chap who had been 32 stone, had a gastric band but was so addicted to food that he was liquidising deep fried mars bars and burgers and the like, he had got down to 15 stone but is now up to 22 stone. I showed this to hubby and we both agreed that it’s time to stop spinning out of control and take that control back. He is just as determined as me and he’s an absolute angel. On the scales this morning and I’ve lost 2lb of the stone I’ve put on since Christmas, gosh I can’t believe how honest I’m being with you but it’s good for me.

I know of one person, not personally, but through my hairdresser, who has had wls and unfortunately she doesn’t want to talk about it. I think it’s getting over the fact that what is said and who we are stays private, its’ really learning to trust each other and I suppose it’s one of the hang ups of being overweight that you never feel right opening up to people you don’t know in case you get judged or, worse ridiculed.

There is a support group of sorts that meets in Maidstone, but that’s more about ‘secret surgery’ than WLS, dont’ worry I’ll sort something out, even if it’s coming on here every night and pouring my heart out to you I WILL GET THERE….

Thanks for all your help and support doodah I’d be lost without it and you.

Lots of love
    Lesley
    xxx

treeza

Oh Leslie I really, really wish I lived closer I’d come visit you x I’d be lost without the support group & I’ve made some great friends x take care x

Kimberly
    Participant

Oh my darling big hug to you . And what a wonderful hubby you have . Fantastic losing two pounds you just be well pleased .we are all here for you just like you been for me in the past and like you be for me in the future . I been doing some thinking about myself and I’m considering joining SW . Because although I’m very pleased with my weight loss and exercise ATM I also know this is the honeymoon period . . I know me and I will always need to work in this issue and though a weekly SW might work

Deifersmum
    Participant

Hi Kimberley and Treeza, thank you for your support and those kind words, your right I do have a fantastic hubby, I’d be lost without him, but don’t tell him I said that !!!! I have been thinking of going back to Weight Watchers but in all honestly that’s not the kind of support I feel I need at the moment, I need to talk to people who have been through the same thing, I found ww difficult to relate to at the best of times and felt I was just going through the motions but WLS is for life and there is no winging it, you have to be on the ball and as I said earlier it’s that sense of control that I feel I’ve been missing, it’s going to come back, I am going to get it back, that 2 lbs off is the start and I will get back on the straight and narrow, this is just a clitch…

Thanks my loves for your support it’s very much appreciated.

Lots of love to both of you.
    Lesley
    xxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Deifersmum 32197 wrote:

Hi Doodah, thanks for your kind words, its like having a big virtual hug, it’s nice to know that there is someone who understands. I think I’m almost there, my hubby and me had a big chat yesterday, there was an article in the daily mail about a chap who had been 32 stone, had a gastric band but was so addicted to food that he was liquidising deep fried mars bars and burgers and the like, he had got down to 15 stone but is now up to 22 stone. I showed this to hubby and we both agreed that it’s time to stop spinning out of control and take that control back. He is just as determined as me and he’s an absolute angel. On the scales this morning and I’ve lost 2lb of the stone I’ve put on since Christmas, gosh I can’t believe how honest I’m being with you but it’s good for me.

I know of one person, not personally, but through my hairdresser, who has had wls and unfortunately she doesn’t want to talk about it. I think it’s getting over the fact that what is said and who we are stays private, its’ really learning to trust each other and I suppose it’s one of the hang ups of being overweight that you never feel right opening up to people you don’t know in case you get judged or, worse ridiculed.

There is a support group of sorts that meets in Maidstone, but that’s more about ‘secret surgery’ than WLS, dont’ worry I’ll sort something out, even if it’s coming on here every night and pouring my heart out to you I WILL GET THERE….

Thanks for all your help and support doodah I’d be lost without it and you.

Lots of love
    Lesley
    xxx

Lesley, my darling, you are more than welcome. We truly are all in this together. Like I have said on another thread, I have had so much love and support in the past from you guys that it has made some very tough times bearable.

I think you are 100% right about overweight people finding it difficult to trust. Someone posted on Twitter this morning that discrimination against the overweight/obese is the last one that people still think is perfectly acceptable. He is right in my opinion. We have all been hurt by it.

That 2lbs off is fantastic. If it doesn’t sound much, lug round a bag of sugar all day in your bag and see what it feels like! I’m always here for you all. If ever you want to vent in private, simply private message me or email me sue.smith@streamline-surgical.com

100% guaranteed confidentiality.

Your other half sounds wonderful. No more than you deserve 🙂

Doodah x

Deifersmum
    Participant

Doodah, thanks for your words of wisdom, my goodness it helps to know your all there at the end of a keyboard. Thanks again I’ll keep you posted on my progress, I’m going to make a banana and walnut loaf out of carols book this morning, it’s hubby birthday and I think he deserves something special, but healthy.

Thank you all very much for your help and support.
    love to you all
    Lesley
    xxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Deifersmum 32209 wrote:

Doodah, thanks for your words of wisdom, my goodness it helps to know your all there at the end of a keyboard. Thanks again I’ll keep you posted on my progress, I’m going to make a banana and walnut loaf out of carols book this morning, it’s hubby birthday and I think he deserves something special, but healthy.

Thank you all very much for your help and support.
    love to you all
    Lesley
    xxx

Banana and walnut cake….droooool! I love anything with walnuts in. Except for walnut whips! Bizarre I know!

Doodah x

Deifersmum
    Participant

I can relate to that, I really don’t like walnuts on their own but love them in a cake with something else, preferably bananas !!!!!

Just had a really nice day in Calais, as we’re closer to France than London, and it’s cheaper to get there!!!, thought we’d take advantage and jump on a ferry, had a lovely light lunch in Calais, followed by a long walk round the town centre, bought some shoes …. and then back to the ferry and home. We had to choose the one day this week so far when it rained, ho hum, haven’t obsessed about food, in fact I haven’t even thought about food all day, apart from when I was feeling hungry, that’s an improvement I’m making an concentrated effort to not think about food unless I’m hungry and it seems to have works, still taking baby steps, one day at a time…

I’ll let you know how the cake turns out, haven’t made it yet, took the dogs out for a mega walk and ran out of time.

lots of love
    Lesley
    xxx

Kimberly
    Participant

That sounds so lovely popping over to France having lunch and bonus shoe shopping x yummy cake I tried to make a lemon and blueberry cake for hubby it was terrible like a brick . Also tried orange and chocolate muffin disaster . Think I might have to give up baking for a while !!!! This was Monday ? He asked that I have a rest from baking lol .

Lauren
    Keymaster

Our lovely Streamliner made a banana cake yesterday with some over ripe ones she had. Shame she lives so far away from me because I could almost smell it from here haha!

Have to admit though, that my number one trigger food is cake. I try to make ones I don’t like so I won’t eat them – so basically, anything with dried fruit in it. It’s like eating bogies (from what I can remember doing it the one time as a child) and they seriously make me gag. Sorry – too much info again Doodah!!!

Kimberly
    Participant

Ha ha bogie cake , hubby loves fruit cake I’m going to call it bogie cake from now on …)

treeza

Oh my gosh my son just said he’s going to see a friend in Deal & I though I recognised the name. He reckons it’s only 1 1/2 hours from us so we could make a plan to maybe meet somewhere half way?? Or I could come to you?? I hope your enjoying your week x

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media