Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Day Four -Disaster has Struck

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    charabanc

Hi,

Well I have sailed through days 1-3 no problem at all, in fact I even thought yesterday afternoon that I hadn’t felt as well as I was feeling in a long time.
    But. . . . . . . As I hadn’t done a no2 I thought I had better take a dulcolax, especially as I have been taking nurofen plus like sweeties for the last week for my raging tooth ache (not at the dentist until next Tuesday), the last thing I wanted was constipation!

All ok until this morning when I got up at 5am, I thought I had better see what’s what, so to speak. . . . . . . . . . . . .like water and in excruciating pain, 30 minutes later, felt faint and dizzy, nothing else to do but ring work and take the day off sick. Went back to bed, and stayed there till 1pm, and apart from an empty stomach rumbling every now and again, I am now fine.
    So I don’t think I will try them again, think I will let nature take its course!
    Has anyone else experienced problems like thes aft taking dulcolax?

Have a nice day everyone

Xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@charabanc 25459 wrote:

Hi,

Well I have sailed through days 1-3 no problem at all, in fact I even thought yesterday afternoon that I hadn’t felt as well as I was feeling in a long time.
    But. . . . . . . As I hadn’t done a no2 I thought I had better take a dulcolax, especially as I have been taking nurofen plus like sweeties for the last week for my raging tooth ache (not at the dentist until next Tuesday), the last thing I wanted was constipation!

All ok until this morning when I got up at 5am, I thought I had better see what’s what, so to speak. . . . . . . . . . . . .like water and in excruciating pain, 30 minutes later, felt faint and dizzy, nothing else to do but ring work and take the day off sick. Went back to bed, and stayed there till 1pm, and apart from an empty stomach rumbling every now and again, I am now fine.
    So I don’t think I will try them again, think I will let nature take its course!
    Has anyone else experienced problems like thes aft taking dulcolax?

Have a nice day everyone

Xx

I have. Almost didn’t make it to the loo once. Very uncomfortable pains in the tum but they are the only things that really work for me so I put up with it. However, only take them if I have no deadline to meet the following morning ie an appointment/meeting. They become less effective the longer you use them so I only take them as an absolute resort. We live, learn and often repeat unfortunately!!

Have a good one yourself – day that is haha!

Doodah x

Oh dear poor you I know exactly how you feel. I took two about 7 days into the milk diet. Packet said 1-2. Then read some reviews on line where everybody said DON’T take 2!!! Too late! So I went to sleep 3am -7am was miserable. Had exactly same as you. It does pass… Never used again.. Decided on milk of magnesia post op. much gentler but still effective x. Hope you feel better soon xxx

78rpm

I have just had a hernia op and they told me to get laxido I got the orange version 1 -3 sachets in water dependant on what you need. They worked a treat and no side effects for me.

Lauren
    Keymaster

I use those now too. Not unpleasant to take and very effective 😉

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media