Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

D Day

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

• This topic has 13 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Masie

Hi all,
    Well the day is here. Day one of the milk diet. At this point in time I have so many feelings inside exited, worried, nervous and wishing the next 2 weeks go ok. I am having my opp in St Richards and I have heard nothing but good reports about there so Im sure I made the right choice. Gladly I am on annual leave from work for the milk weeks so I hope that will be easier. I started this almost two years ago and was disappointed that it took so long but in the mean time I had 6 months of therapy which looking back I needed to get my head in the right place. But on that note I cant believe how quickly the time has gone. I hope the milk weeks go as fast lol. Any suggestions to liven up the milk would be greatly received. Thanks for taking the time to read this.
    Masie x

treeza

Aww good luck Hun. You will be fine. The first 3 days I think are the hardest then you get in the swing if it. There are a great variety of sugar free syrups you can get from the mega store. My fav was raspberry. If you haven’t got the link I’m sure Doodah will give it to you. I made the sugar free jelly up into 4 or 5 small pots & ate them through the day. You can make the jelly up with some of your milk allowance which gives you a bit of a change. I found the lamb oxo cube the tastiest it has a hint of mint & seemed to be a bit more substantial! Although I think it was all in my head! I also left if for the evening so I had it whilst the family had dinner. Milky coffee is filling. Every day is a step closer to your goal. We will all be budging up on the losers bench x :0)x

Anonymous

Good luck with your journey Masie x

Lauren
    Keymaster

Bariatrics megastore

Good luck Masie. everything that treeza said is right. Please find above the link to the Bariatric megastore – our holy grail haha! You are about to embark on the most rewarding journey of your life so make sure you keep reaching out for hands to help you on your way – it really does make it so much easier.

When people no longer come on this forum, I know they have finally spread their wings and flown off high into the sky. I miss them, but Oh my life it feels good to know that they are too busy to come on here anymore as they are out living life to the full ๐Ÿ˜‰

Doodah x

Masie

Thank you all for your replies. Day 2 of the milk diet and I have made some ajustments like not leaving 2 pints of milk to drink in the evening causing many trips to the loo and not a good nights sleep. But we live and learn lol. xxxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Masie 29578 wrote:

Thank you all for your replies. Day 2 of the milk diet and I have made some ajustments like not leaving 2 pints of milk to drink in the evening causing many trips to the loo and not a good nights sleep. But we live and learn lol. xxxx

The whole wls journey is one of constantly learning so you are making a fab start Masie! I’m still learning 5+ years on!

That’s why this forum is so brill – we are all at different stages so can offer help and support at every step. I received so much support last year after my plastic surgery and the complications I had. It was absolutely fantastic. I have turned to the lovely people on here for advice about loads of things – some not even connected to wls at all!

With wls, many of us on here are glad to be alive so that we can keep on learning ๐Ÿ˜‰

Doodah x

treeza

Oh Forgot to mention the trips to the loo!!! :0) I think in the first few days I was up & down through the night! That also eases off! Keep strong x you can do it x I just kept thinking every tummy rumble was a step closer to my ultimate goal. It didn’t work all the time but most of the time it did. Take a look at the mega store. They deliver really quickly x

Lauren
    Keymaster

The Bariatric megastore customer service is excellent isn’t it? It’s a particular lifeline for those of us who have had bypasses as we will always have to have low/no sugar alternatives or risk the wrath of dumping syndrome!

Masie

Thanks Doodah I had a look but I am so hungry at the moment I nearly took a bite out of the screen. But I see what you mean about being great for after the op. I just wish I could get through the next 10 days. I found today (day 3 of the milk) very tough. But I will hang on as I am one day closer. Thanks .

Anonymous

You can do it Masie…

Lots of water, milky coffees and sugar free jelly (was my saviour) if the kids didn’t eat it first!

Amazing what excitement Jelly can cause…lol

Every day you will get stronger xx

Masie

Thank you Tina. I must admit I was never a great lover of jelly but I know what you mean about it being a saviour. Now let’s get day 4 out of the way lol. X

Lauren
    Keymaster

@tina* 29591 wrote:

You can do it Masie…

Lots of water, milky coffees and sugar free jelly (was my saviour) if the kids didn’t eat it first!

Amazing what excitement Jelly can cause…lol

Every day you will get stronger xx

Perfect reply Tina.

Day three is the worst so, it will get easier from now on Masie. For some reason, your body will accept the smaller amount you are giving it and your hunger will switch off. It’s utterly remarkable what the human body is capable of ๐Ÿ˜‰

Doodah x

treeza

It is hard honey but you can do it. Keep your eyes on the prize. When your feeling hungry have a big glass of water or hot drink it will take the hungry feeling away. Be kind to yourself. Do something fun. :0)x

Lauren
    Keymaster

I used to window shop on t’internet when it was all getting too much for me. Looking at clothes I never, ever thought I would wear – like jeans. I now wear size 12 skinny jeans and if you had told me that 5 years ago I would have laughed so hard my teeth might have fallen out haha!

Wonderful things are just beyond that horizon so just keep moving forward x

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media