Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Couple of hours before surgery !!

Home ยป Topics ยป Surgical Journey ยป Pre- Weight Loss Surgery ยป Couple of hours before surgery !!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Mands

Hi all

Am sat in Cosham QA waiting on Dr Shaw Somers to finish the surgery he is doing then its my turn !!! So amazed that I have got this far … Have lost 21lbs on the milk diet which is a brilliant head start …. Time to get the band in.

Speak to you all soon

Mands xxx

bakes28

best of luck, hope it goes well. Can’t wait to start hearing about your journey x

Doodah
    Keymaster

EEEEEEEK!!! That is SO exciting.

Very best of British to you. We will save a place on the loser’s bench for you ๐Ÿ˜€

Doodah x

Brilliant news Mands, by now you’ll be resting having had your op, Shaw Somers is amazingly skilled so I know already you are in THE BEST possible hands today. Take good care of yourself and rest loads, the hard work is to come but definitely a well deserved space on the loosers bench is waiting for you ๐Ÿ˜€

Doodah
    Keymaster

What Helen said!!

Doodah x

Mands

@Doodah 27517 wrote:

What Helen said!!

Doodah x

Hi all

Just an update … am home now … OMG the gas pain in the shoulder is horrendous but that seems to have eased up today thank god … just feels very sore around the port now but they did say that they did have to lever the rib around alot or something like that … was in lots of pain yesterday before leaving hospital to the point of tears but 2 docs from the surgery team checked me over and said i was fine so i got to go home … i never knew it would be this sore and if anyone ever says to me i have taken the easy option they will most definitely get a mouth full!!
    Have managed to keep small amounts of food down and i do notice with sipping drinks my coffee ends up cold lol when im still drinking it … I am glad i had this done though … just waiting for the pain to ease up and then in 4 weeks i get my first fill !!!
    For now though back to the Tramadol surgical stockings and paracetomol and couch ๐Ÿ™‚

Mands xxx

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi Mands.

SO glad you are all safe and back home. Welcome to the loser’s bench.

The gas pain is a real….pain but it’s only temporary I promise. You have had major surgery so you will feel sore for a while. Be kind to yourself, listen to your body and don’t try to go too fast.

As for the coffee going cold, Costa and Starbucks (and Amazon, Ebay etc..) sell insulated cups. My sister is a nurse so she takes hers everywhere otherwise she would never get a hot drink lol!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Go-2127-insulated-coffee-mug/dp/B004S5VOS0

Is just one example.

Rest up and take things slowly. Please give us updates and let us know how you are getting on. We are all here to help you and hold your hand on this fascinating journey to a happier and healthier life ๐Ÿ˜‰

Doodah x

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media