Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Consultation Meeting

Home ยป Topics ยป Surgical Journey ยป Pre- Weight Loss Surgery ยป Consultation Meeting

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    bakes28

I met with the consultant today (Mr Toh) and he said I could have a gastric band and has put me in his diary for 12th March. I’ll be having it done in Havant as he said it’d be quicker than if I was to have it in Farnham due to his lists etc.

I’ve got to call his secretary tomorrow to confirm and then I’ll get a date for a meeting with a dietician. He said I won’t have to do the milk diet as I hate milk so can doa week of another diet similar to lighter life. Apparently it has the same effect as the milk diet.

So, quite excited…..bit nervous now too

Lauren
    Keymaster

Are you having it done in the Spire Havant? That’s where I had my plastics done. Simon Toh is a really nice man isn’t he? Havant’s clinical staff are wonderful. Good luck with the pre op diet. Let us all know how it goes please.

Of course you feel worried – you wouldn’t be normal if you weren’t lol! Plus it’s good to be nervous – it’s a big decision with huge life changes and if you didn’t feel slightly concerned it would mean you perhaps haven’t considered it enough!

Good luck

Doodah x

bakes28

Hi Doodah

That’s right, Spire Havant. Mr Toh seemed lovely.

I had a call from the dietician this morning to say she’s hoping she can squeeze me in her clinic next wednesday as obviously I have to see her before I have the operation and that is the only clinic that is running before 12th but it’s currently full. She’s hoping to jig things around a bit.

Do they have wifi there? As it’s an overnight stay, although I know I’ll be recovering but I thought I’d probably still be well enough to surf etc and stop boredom kicking in, even if it is only pre-op.

We have a 10 year old and own our own company and business is busy so I’m getting my husband to take me, leave me and pick me up the next day. Figured there is no point in him hanging around.

Coolgirl426

Hey!!

Just been reading your story!! Good luck! I’ve just had a gastric band fitted and its the best thing I’ve ever done!

I always had problems with my weight going up and down! Now I feel I have control!

Let us know how you get on!!

Gigi

P.s I love your website!! Shh don’t tell anyone ๐Ÿ˜‰

bakes28

haha, everyone loves our website. Running a business like that is so hard though when trying to lose weight!

I am booked to see the dietician on Wednesday. Do I need to take anything with me?

Coolgirl426

I can imagen! I have said you need to get the weight watchers sweets from the us! Lol

I only took myself! But check you might need to take med, if your on Anything!

Keep in touch!

Gigi

bakes28

I’m on 4 different meds lol

Getting the weight watchers sweets over is so hard

Lauren
    Keymaster

@bakes28 27788 wrote:

Hi Doodah

That’s right, Spire Havant. Mr Toh seemed lovely.

I had a call from the dietician this morning to say she’s hoping she can squeeze me in her clinic next wednesday as obviously I have to see her before I have the operation and that is the only clinic that is running before 12th but it’s currently full. She’s hoping to jig things around a bit.

Do they have wifi there? As it’s an overnight stay, although I know I’ll be recovering but I thought I’d probably still be well enough to surf etc and stop boredom kicking in, even if it is only pre-op.

We have a 10 year old and own our own company and business is busy so I’m getting my husband to take me, leave me and pick me up the next day. Figured there is no point in him hanging around.

Yes there is WiFi! thank goodness as I was in for 2 nights and would have gone nuts.

You know, I sometimes think that having no visitors is a good thing. How it used to be in the old days. it means all you have to concentrate on is YOU. Receiving visitors is ruddy hard work! I am the sort of person who prefers to be left alone to just get on with it but having said that, I totally understand why our loved ones want to come and see for themselves that we are really OK. The best thing to do is what suits you.

Doodah x

bakes28

Well I was figuring I could just take my ipad and play around on it, watch a bit of telly and doze!

Lauren
    Keymaster

Haha! You make it sound ever so much like a holiday! Don’t forget to pack your sun cream ๐Ÿ˜‰

Doodah x

bakes28

If only!

I got a call today asking if I want a chauffeur car to come and collect me on the morning of the operation as it’s an hours drive away! Is this normal?

Lauren
    Keymaster

Blimey! You must be an honoured guest! Nope, never heard of it before – unless you have to pay for it of course ๐Ÿ˜‰

If it’s free – why not?

Doodah x

bakes28

It’s complimentary.

I had my dietician appointment yesterday, I start my pre-op diet on Monday and boy am I nervous about that as my husband is away the whole week I have to do the diet which is

5 x Slimfast shakes
    3 pints water
    1 salty drink (how necessary is this? As much as I love marmite not sure I can drink it!)
    3 sticks of gum
    up to half pint of sugar free jelly (can I buy the ready made ones?)

I then have my pre-op on Wednesday 6th March.

Lauren
    Keymaster

@bakes28 27842 wrote:

It’s complimentary.

I had my dietician appointment yesterday, I start my pre-op diet on Monday and boy am I nervous about that as my husband is away the whole week I have to do the diet which is

5 x Slimfast shakes
    3 pints water
    1 salty drink (how necessary is this? As much as I love marmite not sure I can drink it!)
    3 sticks of gum
    up to half pint of sugar free jelly (can I buy the ready made ones?)

I then have my pre-op on Wednesday 6th March.

Yes and yes to both your questions. The salty drink is very important to keep your electrolytes in balance (see link)

As for your husband being away, I would see that as a blessing – no-one else to worry about! Good luck with it: it’s the first step of your journey ๐Ÿ˜‰

Electrolytes – NHS Choices

Doodah x

bakes28

I have our 10 year old daughter to worry about haha and our business we run together. And my daughter is going through an argumentative stage!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media