Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Compare your BMI to the rest of the world

Home » Topics » General Section » Obesity & Weight Loss Surgery Debates and Media. » Compare your BMI to the rest of the world

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Tagged: , , , ,

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Lauren
    Keymaster

BBC News – Body fat calculator – What’s your score?

This article shows that a healthy weight is preferable in many instances to an ideal one. It also compares your BMI to those of people the same age and gender as you around the world. Fascinating read.

Paul-H
    Participant

my BMI is now 28 and am just like those in Venezuela, don’t know if that’s good or bad though and it’s lower than the norm uk BMI so not bad being only 6 months post opp.

Paul

Deifersmum
    Participant

yippee, bmi is 28, haven’t been below 30 for years !!!! I’m like someone is Iceland, brrrrr it’s cold there…… hope they have heating now I’m feeling the cold more….

Lauren
    Keymaster

Haha brilliant! I’m like the average person (my age and gender) of someone from Papua New Guinea!! I’m 5′ 3″ so it’s not much of a surprise that I’m like the Pygmy people of that country haha! BMI 27. All good.

Deifersmum
    Participant

Its warm there, can we swap!!!!!

Paul-H
    Participant

Yep feeling the cold and a pain in the bum, two things they don’t tell you before surgery but everyone suffers from. Mind you saying that I have been having hot flushes, in my fifties and having hot flushes, I must be going through the change. 🙂

Paul so not really going through the change,. I hope.

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hahaha!! Paul that is so funny :-))

Deifersmum
    Participant

totally agree about the boney bum, not too comfortable in the bath anymore, and I do so enjoy a good long soak with a good book…..

Lauren
    Keymaster

I got so much Lush stuff for my birthday yesterday, I could have a bath every night for 6 months and not run out!! Love it. I didn’t realise how much I missed having a bath until I could safely get in and out of one again. Good old weight loss surgery – another way my life has improved ;-))

Doodah x

Paul-H
    Participant

@Deifersmum 25381 wrote:

totally agree about the boney bum, not too comfortable in the bath anymore, and I do so enjoy a good long soak with a good book…..

And with no longer having a stomach to rest my book on I keep getting my books wet, when I nod off, also have to watch nodding off in the bath as now I can slip under the water, no way I could do that before WLS.

Paul

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Paul-H 25411 wrote:

And with no longer having a stomach to rest my book on I keep getting my books wet, when I nod off, also have to watch nodding off in the bath as now I can slip under the water, no way I could do that before WLS.

Paul

Paul, you really do make me laugh!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media