Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Come on down….

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    214Brett
    Participant

……the price is right! More importantly, though, is that the company and surgeon are both right!

I’ve just got my pre-assessment on 18th (not sure what to expect) and band fitting on April 14th with Mr Guy Slater. I can’t for this new start in getting my life back! I know it’s going to take time and commitment to get the results that I want, but I believe the band is the tool that will finally help me get down to and maintain a healthy weight.
    I’ve read quite a few posts on here and everyone seems lovely and friendly, so thought it’d say ‘Hi!’ 🙂

Brett

Lauren
    Keymaster

@214Brett 33332 wrote:

……the price is right! More importantly, though, is that the company and surgeon are both right!

I’ve just got my pre-assessment on 18th (not sure what to expect) and band fitting on April 14th with Mr Guy Slater. I can’t for this new start in getting my life back! I know it’s going to take time and commitment to get the results that I want, but I believe the band is the tool that will finally help me get down to and maintain a healthy weight.
    I’ve read quite a few posts on here and everyone seems lovely and friendly, so thought it’d say ‘Hi!’ 🙂

Brett

Hi Brett

Welcome to our friendly forum.

Guy Slater is an excellent surgeon – you will be in the safest of hands. April 14 will come around so quickly!

You will be supported every step of the way on here – on good days and bad (there will be a few.)

Looking forward to hearing all about your journey towards a happier and healthier future 😉

Lelly

@214Brett 33332 wrote:

Brett

Hello Brett, you must be so excited, not long now till you start your journey. I don’t know too much about the band as I am waiting for the bypass and due to my size, I never even considered it. The time will fly by, please keep us up to date with all your news and weightloss

Lelly

214Brett
    Participant

Thanks for the encouraging words. I’ll keep you guys posted!

Lauren
    Keymaster

I love this place and all the people in it. You are all so wonderfully welcoming and supportive.

Thanks to every single one of you for helping to make this forum a safe haven from judgement, ridicule and and negativity. I really mean this from the bottom of my heart.

Doodah x

Lelly

@Doodah 33376 wrote:

I love this place and all the people in it. You are all so wonderfully welcoming and supportive.

Thanks to every single one of you for helping to make this forum a safe haven from judgement, ridicule and and negativity. I really mean this from the bottom of my heart.

Doodah x

We need to look after each other, we are all travelling the same road, some further along than others and we have all got the right to expect care and consideration. just because we have been, and still are in my case and others still waiting for their operations, ridiculed by those who find our size amusing, does not mean that we should lower our standards of respect for others. I would never intentionally hurt or disrespect anyone and I for one find this forum so truly caring.

Lauren
    Keymaster

Thank you for those very wise and kind words, Lelly.

You are absolutely right. There is no ‘competition’ on this forum and everyone’s opinions and views are respected – whether or not we agree with them.

When I took over the admin/mediation here, I made sure that whilst free speech was an absolute necessity, unkindness and negativity were not. I don’t mean negative about the procedures (there ARE some negatives and we all know them!) but about each other. It is still possible for people to ‘agree to disagree’ without resorting to personal attacks.

I’m so pleased that we all understand and support this. I have had huge amounts of support at times – for which I can never say enough THANK YOUs.

This is a place of debate, support, friendship, idea swapping, fun and mutual respect. It’s all down to you lovely people 🙂

Doodah x

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media