Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Cold meds?

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Emily.p

Hi all

It is now the season when all the coughs and sniffles start and well mine have already and I’m not sure what I can and can’t take to help any advice from all you amazing lot would be great!!

Emily xx

ruby tuesday

Paracetamol is fine, what is worrying you, are you thinking of whether cold syrups etc are ok?

Emily.p

Yes just wasn’t sure what syrups,sweets and pills we can take I’m guessing things like soothers are a no go!

Emily.p

I have been taking anadin extra today 1 every 2 hours but I think they are upsetting my tummy

ruby tuesday

I would recommend just plain paracetamol to be honest, brand named tabs are usually a blend and often contain caffine, and all you really need is to keep your temperature down, and I guess all you can do about cough sweets is to look for the lowest sugar ones you can find, and try, and see how you are. Cough syrups have been proved to be ineffective, usual advice if you feel you need one would be simple lemon, glycerine and honey, but still high sugar. Just rest and fluids, and don’t take the Anadin if you feel it upsets you.

Doodah
    Keymaster

You might get sugar free throat lozenges in a health food store? Other than that, like Ruby said: paracetemol, rest and fluids, fluids, fluids. I personally use the throat sprays as they are syptom specific rather than painkillers. Like Ruby says, paracetemol will bring down your temperature if you have one. As with all colds – IS there a cure?!?!

Emily.p

Ok great will stick to what you have suggested it was just another one of them unknown situations that no one really tells you about. I think I have dodged it and feeling ok!
    Thanks

Doodah
    Keymaster

@Emily.p 19975 wrote:

Ok great will stick to what you have suggested it was just another one of them unknown situations that no one really tells you about. I think I have dodged it and feeling ok!
    Thanks

Glad to hear it ๐Ÿ˜‰ x

Pinkdancer

This was a great thread and one I hadn’t really thought that much about but great advice there, with the cold season coming upon us. But hopefully with all our vitamins we take and our new healthier selves which might even miss some of them ๐Ÿ™‚

Perhaps these guidelines could be included somewhere on the website as this is our place of reference for our new lifestyle.

Doodah
    Keymaster

@Pinkdancer 20014 wrote:

This was a great thread and one I hadn’t really thought that much about but great advice there, with the cold season coming upon us. But hopefully with all our vitamins we take and our new healthier selves which might even miss some of them ๐Ÿ™‚

Perhaps these guidelines could be included somewhere on the website as this is our place of reference for our new lifestyle.

Great Idea. I’ll get onto it ๐Ÿ˜‰

x

Anonymous

Just moved this to general medical, as I think this will now start to affect us all! Tis the season to be fluey…tralalalalalalalala!

Doodah
    Keymaster

Thank you Streamtweet ๐Ÿ˜‰

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media