Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Clothes

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Doodah 2 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

bikerchris
    Participant

Hi all,

I was trawling the charity shops this morning, I’ve been looking for a perfect coat for going to the football. It had to be warm, waterproof, hooded and City blue (of course). I found the ideal one, it happened to be a man’s one, size small so £4 handed over and the bargain was mine.

This got me thinking about how in the past I had quite a lot of men’s clothing, just so I could fit in to it. I wore a man’s watch too as my wrist was too podgy for a woman’s one. At least these days I have the choice.

Chris x

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi Chris

You fantastic little bargain hunter! Four quid – you couldn’t buy a coffee in a swanky cafe for that!

You have raised a great point here. Having the choice to wear whatever you like instead of what fits. I think it’s up there in the top ten of the best things that happen after wls, don’t you? Seeing something that you like, is fit for purpose and a bargain to boot (plus money to charity) – what a win:win situation all round?

I will forgive you that you do not support the mighty Spurs, though as a Northern lass, why would you haha!? You are a true Manchester fan though, supporting the Blues 😉

Doodah x

bikerchris
    Participant

My first boyfriend was a Spurs fan, back in the days of Hoddle, Crooks and Ardilles. He tried to convert me but I couldn’t get over losing the FA Cup to you in 81. Ha ha.

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hahaha! That’s hilarious. Poor old Ozzie used to get a rum deal after the Falklands didn’t he?

I’m so glad I can get through turnstiles so easily now. I went to the old Wembley to watch Spurs win against Leicester in 2008, a few months before my gastric bypass. I was anxious the whole way there – not about winning or losing but whether or not I would get through the turnstile. I only just made it. BUT, I had bruises down both hips where I had become wedged in the tiny seat. I almost didn’t manage to jump up out of it when Spurs won!

My nephew was playing for Spurs at the time so I am so glad I braved the humiliation. It’s something neither of us has to worry about anymore isn’t it? Hurrah for wls 🙂

Doodah x

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Topics

Account

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media