Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Christmas outings

Home ยป Topics ยป Surgical Journey ยป The Gastric Bypass Operation ยป Christmas outings

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    treeza

I’m off out for Christmas meal with my sisters in law, one of my nieces & their partners. Next week we are going out with 14 of our friends. I’m excited about going out but also a tad anxious about the eating! They are both set menu meals (you do have choices). Next week I asked for very small meal but I’m not sure restaurants understand the meaning. I’m afraid of over eating & feeling uncomfortable or dare I say having to dash to the loo!! I’ve decided no matter how big the meal I’m going to portion off what I know I can eat & not a mouthful more!

When your eating at home you know exactly what your eating & what’s gone into it. Eating out you don’t know if there are any hidden no no’s. Whatever happens I’m going to relax & enjoy!

None of them have seen me since 31st August so I think they may notice a slight difference! ๐Ÿ™‚ x

audrasharon
    treeza wrote:
    I’m off out for Christmas meal with my sisters in law, one of my nieces & their partners. Next week we are going out with 14 of our friends. I’m excited about going out but also a tad anxious about the eating! They are both set menu meals (you do have choices). Next week I asked for very small meal but I’m not sure restaurants understand the meaning. I’m afraid of over eating & feeling uncomfortable or dare I say having to dash to the loo!! I’ve decided no matter how big the meal I’m going to portion off what I know I can eat & not a mouthful more!

When your eating at home you know exactly what your eating & what’s gone into it. Eating out you don’t know if there are any hidden no no’s. Whatever happens I’m going to relax & enjoy!

None of them have seen me since 31st August so I think they may notice a slight difference! ๐Ÿ™‚ x

That sounds exciting. Their in for a shock. Be sensible but most of all have a great time! X

Hi Treesa!!
    I think your plan to section off what you CAN eat and not a spoonful more is a good plan and you need to remain strong. How wonderful it will be for you to meet up with them having not seen them since August!
    You must be VERY proud of yourself and remind yourself how far you have come. They will be amazed with your success!!
    I totally understand how anxious you must be feeling about that meal out, a real test for you, but this gastric bypass lark has got to be enabling for you not disabling, so go for the social side of the evening, the food is just secondary isn’t it??
    I am sure I would be taking on the difficult challenge like this myself…
    Us here on the forum know you can do it!!
    You can’t muck things up now!!!!!
    Please let us know how you have got on.
    I hope to see you Tuesday at Portsmouth again.
    Hey! This is my first post to you!
    I must be getting brave!!
    Lots of love
    Julie, 830830
    Xx

Paul-H
    Participant

This is an easy one

Just eat your now normal correct portion size and leave the rest on the plate, then turn to all the others who would have cleared all their plates and just say WOW look at the amount you lot have just put away, no wonder you have all got Big Bums ๐Ÿ˜‰ it works every time

Paul

Kimberly
    Participant

Trezza we be with you , hope you have a wonderful time and they all say WOW . You look fantastic . Enjoy the moment it’s your turn to shine xxx

treeza

Hi guys it went well thank you x Julie thanks for the message x now that you’ve started you won’t stop x hope to see you on tues x
    I had prawn cocktail starter & ate half a dozen prawns and a tiny bit of the crust of the bread. They were very mean with the sauce but meant I didn’t eat much of it. Gave the rest to hubby! Mains I did as I said portioned off what I knew I could eat & immediately gave the rest to my nephew so he was very happy! Then sat & slowly ate most of my dinner. I was right though despite saying small portion it was a normal portion! It tasted yummy which was the main thing! They then all tucked into pud & it really didn’t bother me!

Roll on next week! ๐Ÿ™‚ x thank you xxx

treeza

Paul you make me smile x maybe when I haven’t got a big bum anymore I’ll try that one out!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

treeza

Sorry one more thing. They were all great. No one made a big thing about how little I was eating. I just felt normal! I have found some people can’t help but comment & I sometimes feel uncomfortable x

Kimberly
    Participant

Fantastic so pleased for you x

HI Treeza!
    There you go, you did very well under completely different set of rules!!
    It sounds like you had a lovely social get together!
    See you Tuseday
    Julie xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@treeza 30247 wrote:

Sorry one more thing. They were all great. No one made a big thing about how little I was eating. I just felt normal! I have found some people can’t help but comment & I sometimes feel uncomfortable x

Hi Treeza

So glad it went so well.

You know what? The fact that some people just HAVE to comment says more about their own awkwardness than yours! It’s like when we are waiting in a quiet room – some people simply cannot stand the silence and feel they have to fill it with noise – their own voice!

You just keep doing what you are doing and ignore everyone else’s reactions – you are not responsible for them. that is the one huge lesson I learned from three years of therapy: that I am not responsible for other people’s reactions to things or their inability to deal with emotions. Once you break free from the weight of that (perceived) responsibility, you can fly as high as you like!

Doodah x

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media