Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Chest pains?

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    gemmalambert

I everyone I’m 5 weeks post gastric bypass opp, it all went smoothly, I’m now on soft foods but I seem to be getting heartburn/indigestion every time I drink or eat. Any tell me why???

Paul-H
    Participant

Hi

Can I ask, are you taking any sort of acid inhibitor, Like Lansoprazol or omeprazol, if not you should be.

Paul

Doodah
    Keymaster

@gemmalambert 23179 wrote:

I everyone I’m 5 weeks post gastric bypass opp, it all went smoothly, I’m now on soft foods but I seem to be getting heartburn/indigestion every time I drink or eat. Any tell me why???

Hi Gemma

Glad it all went well for you. I think your first port of call should be your GP and if she/he can’t help, phone your wls team as heartburn/indigestion shouldn’t be part of your post surgery symptoms. In fact, before my bypass, I used to get through about half a litre of gaviscon a week. Since surgery, I have never had to take it – not once in 4 years.

Please let us know how you get on 😉

Doodah x

Paul-H
    Participant

If I understand the operation correctly the little bit of stomach left produces very little in the way of stomach acid so you should not really be suffering from heart burn. The bypass is well known to fix acid reflux because of this.

Unless I have that wrong.

Paul

Doodah
    Keymaster

@Paul-H 23200 wrote:

If I understand the operation correctly the little bit of stomach left produces very little in the way of stomach acid so you should not really be suffering from heart burn. The bypass is well known to fix acid reflux because of this.

Unless I have that wrong.

Paul

You are right Paul 😉

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media