Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Chelsfield Here I Come!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Moulin85

Well, am counting the hours now… Got to be at Chelsfield Park Hosp in 5hrs and 45 mins.

Gastric band being fitted. On day one of Pre op diet I was 120.5 kg, now after 2 weeks I am at 113.8 kg! I am pleased with the results but glad to be able to stop the Green Veg only and boiled or steamed chicken or fish…. The lack of any flavouring was starting to get to me! Also had no energy and a bit light headed.

What is in store for me from here on? I will wait an see!

Wish me luck….

Sally xx

Ms Ellie

Hi there Sally welcome good luck with your band being fitted. Youve already had a superb weight loss just being on the pre-op diet, give us an update as soon as you can. Look forward to hearing your news xxx

Ellie x

twintub

Good luck Sally 🙂 keep us posted am due to have my band this month so need some
    Inspiration
    Xxx

Hi sally, guess you’ve been banded now!! Really hope you are resting up and feeling good!
    Sally xx

Moulin85

Hiya all,

Well, that’s done then. Still in Hospital, on drips and pain meds.

Have only had a couple of small glasses of Cranberry juice today but it tasted lovely, especially when you are so dry! I feel a bit uncomfortable, almost like being full, which is a novelty for me!

Really tired ? but feeling so positive about this that it’s just great… I can’t wait to start seeing the type of results that I have read about on here.

Please keep in touch and watch this space. ??

Luv Sally xx

asonest

I have my appointment on the 11th to see if I can have a band fitted, could you if possible please keep us updated on your progress and all highs and lows so I know what to expect. Thank you

Moulin85

Hiya,

So, here I am 3:30 in the morning, attached to drips etc and wide awake… I’ve put on my iPod and the first song it plays on shuffle is “You Sexy Thing” by Hot Chocolate! A coincidence? obviously… But am thinking of the future and giggling to myself!!!

Woop woop!

Cheers…Sally xx

Ms Ellie

@Moulin85 16118 wrote:

Hiya,

So, here I am 3:30 in the morning, attached to drips etc and wide awake… I’ve put on my iPod and the first song it plays on shuffle is “You Sexy Thing” by Hot Chocolate! A coincidence? obviously… But am thinking of the future and giggling to myself!!!

Woop woop!

Cheers…Sally xx

Hi there, that’s it!!! All done….. Congratulations on having your band done welcome to slimville!

Looking forward to following your journey x

johncg

How’s it going ?

Moulin85

Hi there…

All going very well, so far. I have lost 11.1kgs up to now and feel so much better for it. My clothes are not tight and I can move so much better!

I had my first band fill yesterday so I am waiting to see what happens now!

Got a long way to go before I can sing that Hot Chocolate song but I’ll get there…. One day.

It’s quite an odd transformation all round really cos I have morphed into this person that calorie counts and I have started trying to save money and economise!!

I wanna know who has taken the real Sally and left this strange being behind…weird!!!

How are you guys doing?

Luv Sally xx

johncg

Sally you fill me with hope and happiness. I have always been a large guy, but more recently whilst on holiday, work meetings, train journey and even the works canteen I look around and see that I’m the fattiest person in the room or in the hotel….

Now after thousands sent on magic pills, it time to change

John x

Doodah
    Keymaster

@Moulin85 17679 wrote:

Hi there…

All going very well, so far. I have lost 11.1kgs up to now and feel so much better for it. My clothes are not tight and I can move so much better!

I had my first band fill yesterday so I am waiting to see what happens now!

Got a long way to go before I can sing that Hot Chocolate song but I’ll get there…. One day.

It’s quite an odd transformation all round really cos I have morphed into this person that calorie counts and I have started trying to save money and economise!!

I wanna know who has taken the real Sally and left this strange being behind…weird!!!

How are you guys doing?

Luv Sally xx

I love it Sally! A whole new you emerging – or is it the OLD you?! I found that the old confident me emerged which was brilliant. So pleased for you xx

Moulin85

Hey John,

I totally understand where you are coming from! I too have spent a fortune on magic quick fixes that have turned out to be just a big con, you are not alone in this!

What surgery are you having and when?

I am really looking forward to people commenting on my overall look rather than the standard remark to an overweight person that “you have a lovely face” or “you are so bubbly” …. I’m bored with just being bubbly!!!!

So far, I am happy with the results and it makes the occasional discomfort worthwhile!

Go for it John, there is a thinner more active person hiding inside all of us and it’s a great feeling when you find them.

Keep in touch…

Sally x

johncg

I was booked into chelsfield but this has just been changed to Guildford on the 29th July for my consolation with mr slater, I’m asking for the band, but will have to see what mr slater advises, if it’s the bypass then I’ll have to do sone mire saving which will put the procedure back.

How long after your consultation did you wait until surgery?

Cheers
    John x

Moulin85

What hospital in Guildford?

When I had my consult, I said the band was what I was interested in cos it is less severe. He said he would recommend either band or bypass but I just wasn’t happy doing the bypass….and of course there was the £3000 difference in cost to think of.

I think it depends on how much you have to lose…. I started at 19 Stone and am now down to 17 stone 2 lbs … That is just with the two week Pre-op diet and just being careful for the last 5 weeks. Now I have had my first fill I am hoping to see the results even more!

Can I be personal and ask how much you are looking to lose? Don’t answer if you would rather not!

I had my consult on 20th March and my op on 5th June….so basically, if you are paying for it yourself then the wait is minimal.

Trust me when I say that it will be the best thing you ever did!

Cheers….Sally x

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media