Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Chatham Support Group

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 4 posts - 46 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Author

@Deifersmum 23049 wrote:

Hi

I’ve pm’d you ref the details for the meeting. There were other ladies there who had had their op in St Richards at Chichester so don’t worry about that, it’s a lovely group and, when John and I met up at the meeting last month it was a very quite meeting, seems there is always plenty going on and, if you have any clothes you want to swap bring them along.

Take care and hope to see you soon.

Love

Lesley
    xxxx

thank you so much Lesley, I do have clothes lots of them only worn like once or twice because as a large lady I hardly left the house so sizes 30, 32 and 34 all practically new, I had to buy a new swimming costume today as the one I wore from the start of March just wont stay up despite trying to take in the arms a bit so I have that expensive item only worn twice in March this year as well to bring. Excellent news, thank you so much. Off to read your PM now 🙂

See you soon, my husband and I are definitely coming, I’m a wheelchair user when I go out so hope I can access the place ok in that, sometimes with hotels I have to get out to use the lift or doorways so hubby can fold and carry the chair through them then I get back in. Medoc the emergency place is the worst for that.

Helen xx

Deifersmum
    Participant

HI Helen

If memory serves you’ll be ok, I think there was a ramp up to the front door. I got a lovely swim suit from Bon March last year only about £14.00, just think all those cheaper smaller clothes you’ll be able to buy…

See you in a couple of weeks.

Love
    Lesley
    xxx

Paul-H
    Participant

Hi

Anyone going to this meeting tomorrow, it should be tomorrow as it was a bank holiday last Monday. If t is I might be in the area tomorrow night and be able to pop in.

Paul

sorry I have not been around for a while, to be honest the whole process of applying for funding, getting turned down, referral to Tipping The Balance then another referral, well its been keeping my mind very busy with it all and I’ve been a bit down. Plus we’ve had our second oldest of six kids home from university with his girlfriend staying with us since the end of May and they went back two days ago so feel I can breathe again now.

My next appointment with TTB is on the 29th, the lady is hoping for funding and referral news to Somers Shaw on that day as well, I’ll also be having an assessment for their exercise program. As I am a part time wheelchair user I know I can do swimming but affording it twice a week is becoming a bit of an issue for me at the moment so hopefully they’ll be able to help with that.

Orlistat is also no where to be found in Kent so having run out of tablets more than two months ago I think I’m doing quite well to still be loosing the weight. I just want to get on with things and have the bypass, can not wait for news its like torture. The second referral for funding went in on the 9th August please keep everything crossed for me this time, I mean I’ve done everything they wanted me to do, diary, orlistat, bit of more moving around within my own house, seeing a dietitian and being sent to Tipping the Balance so what excuse are they going to come up with this time, I hope they just send it through for referral to the surgeon at long last, I started this whole process on February 10th so its already been six months of batting the ball backwards and forwards. I have complied with everything they have asked so now its their turn, I want my life to start properly, with lots of weight dropping off and my abdominal surgery rectified so I dont have to use the wheelchair for much longer.

My youngest turned five in July, second youngest 11 in June so I want to be able to enjoy things with two little boys whilst they are still young enough to do things with their Mum, we’ve missed out on so much already so now I want this so badly I can practically taste it and that hurts a lot that I am still sitting here like this.

Makes me want to scream but coming on here today makes me feel I’m not alone in the agonising wait and problems associated with that process. So thank you.

Helen

Viewing 4 posts - 46 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media